Elantech windows 10 driver not recognized in Aspire E 14 ES1-411-C610

maurysz2
maurysz2 Member Posts: 19 New User

My touch pad worked perfectly in windows 8.1 but after upgrading to windows 10 it does not even recognize it. I installed all latest drivers and they are not recognized at all. Aspire E 14 ES1-411-C610

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

The drivers are not recognised ? What is Device Manager showing. Any yellow triangles ?

• maurysz2

Hi

No yellow triangles, nothing at all of elantech in device manager. Nothing at all of elan in properties nor enywhere. I install the drivers, it asks to reboot but after I log in, nothing at all.

• padgett

Well it is a pain but the thing that is left is to go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer and search for something (most likely an error) relating to Elantech.

• maurysz2

Hi

I searched in Event Viewer and foud only Elantech references that the computer was rebooted after install. No mistakes. I think I searched all

• padgett

Does sound strange, go to Device Manager>Mice and other pointing devices and what is listed ? There are no unknown devices ?

• maurysz2

Hello.

Only HID compliant mouse. For the wireless mouse I am using

• padgett

And no "unknown devices" ? Only way that makes sense would be if the touchpad were disconnected somehow.

• maurysz2

Hi

No "unknown devices". It worked well with windows 8.1. Its relative new motebook. It worked for the upgrade of windows 10 but as soon as the upgrade finished it stopped working