Windows 10 drivers for Aspire 5738G

Danail
Danail Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

I am using an Acer Aspire 5738G with Windows 7 (64-bit). The free Windows 10 update app says my computer is ready for Windows 10 and actually I did update once. It was a bit slow, so I downgrade to Windows 7. After a clean install of Windows 10 it downloads some drivers and installs them automatically but there's no drivers for the computers components from Acer at the Support page. They won't provide any.

My question is, is it ok if I install the Windows 7 drivers on Windows 10? Like these for the chipset and audio? Or should I stay only with these that Windows 10 install on its own? I'll be very thankful if someone gives me an advice how to proceed, because Acer don't give any help with what they call outdated machines Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i suggest you to avoid windows 7 drivers installation on windows 10.

windows 10 normally can find automatically the right drivers for your laptop and you have to search and manually install only if you need a specific drivers or if on Device manager there is some hardware listed as unknow or not working correctly.

so,

windows logo key + x

select device manager

have a look if you see any yellow exclamation mark or warnings on your hardware.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Danail
    Danail Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you!
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.