Why can't I upgrade my Aspire 7600U to windows 10?

2»

Answers

• gaheadhunter
    gaheadhunter Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I emailed Costco as well.  - CEO -

Copied him on the email I sent to Acer.

They are probably one of the biggest retailers for Acer.  A little pressure doesn't hurt.

I also called costco support - but got the same response that Acer was telling me.  

If everyone starts sending out letters - maybe we can get a resolution.

on another note - I'm not sure what they did with the september time frame windows 10 upgrades, but I had this working in July and then it blew up in October. 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• gaheadhunter
    gaheadhunter Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

The VP of sales referred our issue to Support

I got a call from the system's engineer @ Acer .

he did offer to do the upgrade for me on my computer, but I can't afford the downtime if I send my computer in to him. So.... He's going to get a hold of an Aspire 7600U and see if he can figure out how to do the Upgrade.

Once we are successful (finger's crossed), I'll get the solution posted on this discussion board -  So standby!

Might be a few weeks, as I don't want to shut my computer down for the upgrade until it works flawlessly on his system. 

i'll keep you posted. 

• edmundmeyer
    edmundmeyer Member Posts: 4 New User

What I find interesting is that I spoke to customer support a few months back.

Support contacted engineering and had them try updating the 7600U to windows 10 with no luck.

I hope because of the expence of this computer that Acer is no taking this more serious in trying to settle this problem. 

Hopefully the VP will do proper follow up and get the proper drivers and what ever it takes to get this done.

Thank you for posting.

• FEL1
    FEL1 Member Posts: 7 New User

Paul--thanks for your work.  I hope the Acer engineer gets it down.  I think he should contact microsoft because I think the Win 10 interface could be a problem.  Also, using two video cards could also be a problem. I wonder if we could disable one of them could help? 

Fred