Install Windows 7 Enterprise on Veriton x4640g

WebsterR001
WebsterR001 Member Posts: 3 New User

We recently acquired 30 x Veriton x4640g which come preloaded with Windows 7 Professional. I have been trying for the whole day to install the Enterprise version of Windows 7 and it keeps freezing on the select language / time zone.

Although there is nothing wrong with Windows 7 Professional, it's a company policy to install only Enterprise Editions of Windows on all our systems due to the volume licencing and standardising the entire environment.

I have changed the BIOS mode from UEFI to Legacy, tried installing from a DVD and USB, I even used different brands of DVDs and USBs but the problem persist.

My next step is to upgrade the BIOS to see if that helps, a colleague also suggested network boot via Windows Deployment Services, I doubt that will fix the problem but I am grabbing at straws here any suggestions.

Best Answer

• WebsterR001
    Answer ✓

So after a whole lot of noise I have just received an e-mail from my CIO that acer is going to send someone over for a firmware update on all the machines that we recently purchased and that should resolve this issue. They could have just sent me the tool and I could have done it myself, or maybe they don't want to share it with us.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Seeing there is 2 Versions of 7Enterprise, I am wondering if maybe you are trying to install the 32bit? If you have the 64bit I would try that and see if it gives you the same results.

I am only guessing and I would think Both Ult or Ent would be 64bit for Max Ram and CPU but thought I would toss that out there as a place to look...

The X4640 will run 7 at 64bit...

Hope this Helps some

James

• WebsterR001

I have tried the 64 bit of windows 7 & 8 Enterprise but still nothing. Strangely enough, I installed Windows 10 Professional and that installed succesfully it just does not activate. So I am about to contact Acer support and see if I can get a cd key or alternatively recovery media.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    You should be able to go back to your old software if you didn't do a clean install of 10. Then my question is have you tried to use the 7 pro key to make 10 active?

Also you could maybe do a factory restore our your machine, however it will ask you for the key that should be on the side of the computer?

James
  • WebsterR001
    Answer ✓

So after a whole lot of noise I have just received an e-mail from my CIO that acer is going to send someone over for a firmware update on all the machines that we recently purchased and that should resolve this issue. They could have just sent me the tool and I could have done it myself, or maybe they don't want to share it with us.