Acer is by far the worst and most unprofessional company

Cojiro98
Cojiro98 Member Posts: 6 New User
In 365 days I have had 2 acer laptops' hard drives fail. The first was refurbished laptop, I figured stuff happens. It was under warranty and I would just get it replaced.
The first time I sent it in, they sent it back with no note, no explanation, and no fix. They didn't even remove the tape from the box (they literally did not open the box). I double checked and made sure everything was correct on the box, and that I had included everything I was supposed to, and I had.
I sent it in a second time, this time they took it out of the box. I could tell because not only did they actually open the box, my laptop had deep scratches in it when I got it back STILL UNFIXED.
Of course I call acer support for the third time, livid. I'm polite and patient as I know they are not the ones sending my laptop back unfixed, the people at the repair facility in Texas are. After kindly asking to speak to a supervisor, the rep leaves me on hold for 15m before I hang up and call immediately back. A different girl picks up, and I ask again. Within 1 minute I was speaking to a supervisor named Enrique.
Enrique tells me that he will offer me a refund for the laptop since the repair facility is to incompetent to do their jobs correctly.
On Wednesday he tells me the money should be in my bank account by monday.
7 days later, no money was transfered into my account.
I call back.
He says he's working on it and it will be done shortly.
5 days later, no money.
After emailing 6 different corporate emails I found online, a very nice representative from Acer customer care emails me with her information.
3 months pass and the issue isn't resolved.
At this point I demand a new laptop as I'm fed up with the unprofessionalism, and the lack of respect not only for my time but for the fact that I'm a customer who's been polite and patient the ENTIRE process of getting this issue resolved.
3 days later I recieve my new laptop.
Now, about 5 months later, the EXACT SAME ISSUE happened to this new laptop.
Of course diane said this laptop would be shipped from a warehouse and she has no idea if it's reburb'd or not so I get the standard 90 day warranty for refurbished laptops.
I'm not even going to bother with the unprofessional, lazy, and just flat out ridiculous joke that is Acer customer service. I will NEVER buy an acer again and I will ALWAYS recommend to my peers and friends that they also never buy Acer gear. Goodbye and good riddance.

Comments

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Cojiro98,

I apologize that we haven't be able to provide a better experience overall. I spoke with Diane and she was able to help me locate some of your information and review. I see where see attempted to address the issues with our refurbished partner and even replaced the unit as described. I understand that you're upset with us, but I'd like to see where we can help.

What issue are you having at this time? Has the HDD failed or is it something else?

Cory

• Cojiro98

The exact same issues before the hard drive failed and won't load windows. No matter what recovery media I use it will not load windows. This was after normal wear( no dropping, spelling, throwing, breaking and or damage of any kind). Seems like this is how Acer makes its money. Give a 90 day warranty and the unit crops out at 91 type deal going on here.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hopefully it's just a bad coincidence, but I don't want to leave you high and dry because of a couple weeks of warranty coverage. If you'll shoot me a private message with the best contact phone number, I'll ask our support group to give you a call to setup a warranty repair despite the current dates.

Thanks,
    Cory

• Cojiro98
    Just to clarify as I reread that message this may have not been perfectly clear.
    Diane was actually extremely helpful, and was the only one in the process that I felt was actually doing her best.
    That being said it still took 2 months on her end after I had gotten a promise of few days