Acer V Nitro makes a strange beep sound

carlore
carlore Member Posts: 13 New User

My new VN7-591G is randomly making a soft beep sound, coming from the right side (middle or lower part).
It doesn't seem to be the typical bios beep (as heard when we plug in or out the power cord.
It is much softer and irregular, but pretty annoying.
I am not able to associate it to any specific activity or procedure and the computer is just being used for surfing the web and office work.
If someone is experiencing the same issue or has any idea, I would welcome some feedback.
Thanks!

Answers

• pjenoy
    pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User

i usually get that beep when i play movies and there is a windows update. After i update it seems to go away.

• carlore
    I have noticed the same thing! But the problem is that I get this beep also when the soud is off!
    And after the update it not seem to go away!
  • pjenoy
    pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User

maybe its a driver issue, try reinstalling your audio drivers. and also you should try updating your bios. that usually solves most of the problems

• carlore

I have the last version of Bios, while not the last of Audio, so now I am trying to download Audio driver and I hope that will fix this problem, thanks

• FervidWhirl
    FervidWhirl Member Posts: 1 New User

I have got today an Acer Aspire V Nitro 17.3. It also makes a funny noise. It comes and goes. It is constant and very quiet. Sounds a bit like a constant siren (could be a constant beep but not like the one from bios). Have you found any solution to that?