No Bluetooth on E1-531 under Windows 10

vectorex
vectorex Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

After a clean install of Windows 10 on my machine, Bluetooth not even shown as an unrecognized device. Also, there's no drivers for Windows 10 on support page. i wonder if it will be a bluetooth driver on windows 10 Any ideas? Maybe someone has success on bring this to life? (Sorry for my English)

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Vectorex

Go to Acer support for your region, then select the "Drivers & Manuals" option. Now enter your laptop details.

Where it states: "Need to know the hardware......" part, click on it to download the Hardware Vendor Detection tool. This will tell you the make of your Bluetooth wireless.

Now, google the make, adding the word "support" to find their site. Check on there to see if there is an updated or Windows 10 driver available.

Hope this helps

• vectorex
    vectorex Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for suggestion. Bluetooth hardware is not listed in that tool (VGA, LAN and WLAN only). I went back to support page and found that Windows 10 is not even listed in OS list supported. I think no driver updates will be available in near future for this notebook under Win10. Sad... 

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Perhaps at some point, they will create a Bluetooth driver....!

However, the only other thing you can do is to buy a wireless Bluetooth dongle (one that is compatible with Windows 10) and use that instead.

• AndreaSzabo
    AndreaSzabo Member Posts: 3 New User

I had the same problem, so I bought a dongle but is not working at all. 

• oumarkake
    oumarkake Member Posts: 1 New User

cookSmiley Very Happy