Acer Aspire E17 e5 772g 57Q7 Optical Drive Caddy?

evoconian
evoconian Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer E5 772g 57Q7 notebook. It does not have an optical device, but it has a black blank installed. The lettering on the blank was this: TS:442.04X0B.0001#1

REV:AO1.15.08.26.NB

JT130322#1

Is there an option to switch this out with an optical drive hdd caddy, and if so, where could I find one?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You're welcome

Oups! About the bezel, you can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone. (part number stated in the first column .... cheap part).

France

Answers

• Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • evoconian

Thank you for replying!

The first 10 digits are: NXMVAAA002

• To be sure, do you want to install an ODD module?

France
  • evoconian

Yes, one that will hold a 2.5" 9.5mm HDD.

• I suggest you this caddy and you'll need the original ODD bezel. You can buy it from your Acer store.

Here is the part number:

Spoiler
    42.MVAN1.002 - ODD.BEZEL
    France
  • evoconian

Thank you for all your help! If I could ask one more thing, could you provide me with a link to the replacement bezel? I could not find it on the store.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You're welcome

Oups! About the bezel, you can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone. (part number stated in the first column .... cheap part).

France
  • evoconian

Alright, that should cover everything! You've been exceedingly informative. Have a good day!

• spektyr
    spektyr Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire E17 (E5-774g-52W1) and I just used the 42.GDEN7.SV1 HDD/SSD Assembly Kit available at the ACER store to mount a 9.5mm hard drive in the secondary drive bay. It works perfectly. At only $8.00 you might consider that instead of the caddy.