acer aspire e1 510,windows 10

2»

Answers

• PoisonIvy2
    PoisonIvy2 Member Posts: 11 New User

Hello,this is her brother.Okay so here's the thing..after failing to fix that black sscreen on win 10,i tried to install win 8.1,but when i got to partition part,i deleted all partitions,including the recovery ones.After that i was failed to install windows because i couldnt install it on any partition,i had some problem....So i restarted PC,and after that i didnt want to boot it from USB anymore,probbably cause i didnt had recovery partition and no windows on it anymore.And btw i had to switch from UEFI to Legacy bios at start because that was the only way the PC could read the usb windows and boot them.So later i tried to fix Startup recovery and everything by creating recovery media of win 8.1 from my laprop so i can access to troubleshot...all fails.So i think i need some recovery image or something,i just dont understand why i doesnt want to boot from any source anymore.I cant boot from HDD cuz no windows on it,and it wont boot from USB or DVD with Windows on it.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    don't use Legacy! you need to burn a windows 8.1 iso image to an USB flash drive using Rufus and setting partition scheme to UEFI only and FAT32 as format.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hello Poison Ivy2's brother.

Yeah I kind of explained all that stuff already if you had a chance to read through this thread. Smiley Happy

1. Put her BIOS back to defaults (F9) and then save and exit (F10).

2. After you save and exit BIOS, go back in to BIOS and enable the Boot Menu

3.  Go to your computer and use RUFUS to create installation media.  (follow instructions I gave you in previous posts)

4.  If her computer came with Windows 8.1 w/ Bing, that vanilla Windows 8.1 iso isn't going to work, because it has a special "Bing" key and Microsoft won't activate it (Microsoft won't let you activate the vanilla Windows 8.1).  

5. However you can download the Windows 10 iso and use RUFUS for UEFI only install.  Please read through all of my previous posts and links.  Smiley Happy

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

You can try the vanilla Windows 8.1.  If it doesn't activate, you'll have to go with Windows 10.  I'm not completely sure whether or not her laptop is the  Windows w/ Bing version or not.