acer aspire e1 510,windows 10

PoisonIvy2
PoisonIvy2 Member Posts: 11 New User

Ok,i live in Germany,a week ago i got chanse to download windows 10,so i did it,was working 2 minutes,after that my laptop blocked...i turned him off and then on again,came logo,after that ask for my pass,then my screen was black,only arow was there...i donno why i was downloading windows 10 at all,i use laptop only to watch movies,i cant hear,70 %,so,thats the only way to watch movies..ok,i gave it to my brother to fix it,so he deleted some partipacion,and try to put windows 8.1 back again,but say something about no boot disk,press any key....he downloaded recovery from his laptop,asus,but not working...i buyed this laptop 1,5 year ago,i dont know anything about laptops,and i dont want to buy new one,its to expensive for me,but to bring somewhere to fix it,could be also very expensive,just want to be able watch movies on it...anyone know can that be fixed or i should buy new one? My brother tryed to contact acer over chat and to call,but no one come on chat..maybe someone can help me? Pls? 

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hello Poison Ivy2's brother.

Yeah I kind of explained all that stuff already if you had a chance to read through this thread. Smiley Happy

1. Put her BIOS back to defaults (F9) and then save and exit (F10).

2. After you save and exit BIOS, go back in to BIOS and enable the Boot Menu

3.  Go to your computer and use RUFUS to create installation media.  (follow instructions I gave you in previous posts)

4.  If her computer came with Windows 8.1 w/ Bing, that vanilla Windows 8.1 iso isn't going to work, because it has a special "Bing" key and Microsoft won't activate it (Microsoft won't let you activate the vanilla Windows 8.1).  

5. However you can download the Windows 10 iso and use RUFUS for UEFI only install.  Please read through all of my previous posts and links.  Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers