Acer Portal

tontytots
tontytots Member Posts: 77 Troubleshooter

Hi all.

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between Acer Portal and Acer BYOC (build your own cloud)?

And, how much do "apps" cost each? My machine lists 14 apps for Bluetooth presence, but the facility still does not work (!).

Got £10 off listed price, have I got a cheaper product that has been put out another customer before?

Thanks in advance to all posters.

Unless on line, it does not do anything, and when on-line my "tcik" button disappears from the onscreen keyboard, so I cannot use "return" facility or visit a webpage as typed in. I have a word package on my lap Acer - can I just transfer it to Tabby?

Woman Frustrated

Best Answer

• tontytots
    Answer ✓

Many special thank yous. I am a nuisance, as all this is a mystery to me. Thank you for your clarity

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Acer Portal is one of the apps that form Acer BYOC. They are all free. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Hi tontytots,

About Acer BYOC Apps, we have Acer Portal, abPhoto, abMedia, abFiles and abDocs apps in PC. So Acer Portal is one of Acer BYOC Apps.

Acer Portal supports to sign up, in and out of the Acer BYOC Apps. You can also register your Acer product via Acer Portal. After you signs in Acer Portal, you can view and manage your Acer BYOC Apps devices which are signed in with the same Acer ID. You can visit the Acer BYOC Apps Online Help for more information

At present, Acer BYOC Apps are all free for all users. In abPhoto and abFiles, we offer premium services for an enhanced user experience. Premium services price is $1.99 per month (each app). With the premium services, you can use abPhoto to share full-resolution photos, and abFiles to view ZIP files, compress files into a ZIP, or download, share, and view files in PDF format. About premium services, you can refer to the Online Help to know details.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

• tontytots
    Answer ✓

Many special thank yous. I am a nuisance, as all this is a mystery to me. Thank you for your clarity

• tontytots

Thank you for your explanation. Sorry to be a simpleton when so many know all this by heart, but am I new to it all. Thank you again