I need to reopen an issue with acer

lsilich04
lsilich04 Member Posts: 3 New User

Can anybody get me in contact with Acer? I want to reopen my support case because my laptop is starting to die again, even after they "fixed" it.

Because my warranty is supposedly a week out of date I am unable to get in contact with a single person from Acer to tell them to reopen [edited for privacy] because their support clearly did not solve the problem. I am experiencing the exact same problem that led to my needing to send in my laptop. It is worsening and probably going to lead to a huge nasty crash again.

And I have reason to believe that the cause is bad hardware that my Acer Aspire Nitro was shipped with, because THIS time, when I saw the BSODs, I looked them up. I've been receiving a "Kernel Data Inpage Error" which apparently means that my memory or my hard drive is faulty. (And yes, I did the recommended things on that page. Nothing has helped or identified a problem. At all.)

This issue SHOULD be covered under warranty, not only because it is an issue that started during the year of warranty, but ALSO because Acer claimed to have fixed the issue but DID NOT, and ALSO because their warranty clearly states "Acer warrants that its Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the Limited Warranty Period" and my computer CLEARLY CAME WITH FAULTY HARDWARE.

My SNID is [edited for privacy]. My case is and was [edited for privacy]and I believe I have the right to continued Acer support in this matter.

Because my S/N is just a week past the date, I have not been able to talk to one single human being about my issue, because every computer just says that my warranty has expired and refuses to let me say a single thing.

Please, somebody help me figure out what to do or help me find somebody at Acer to speak with before I get to the "system no longer boots at all" point again. 

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi lsilich04,

We have to have some date for the warranty to end, but we certainly aren't interested in leaving you out in the cold less than a week out. I was able to locate your information and the US service team updated the warranty through the end of the month. This will allow you to contact and setup services as needed.

In reading your post, I would have to disagree that a kernel error means a hardware error. The Kernel is part of the core of the Windows operating system and is completely software, when that crashes, it would result in the bluescreens and lockups. When your unit was in originally, I show that memory tests and hard drive tests were done, and a reload of the operating system corrected the issue. Now, after 3 months, you're starting to experience blue screens again, and I would suspect that some corruption has occured in the operating system. With all of this said, I would suggest attempting a recovery first, see how the system behaves. If there was a hardware error, it would also fail during the recovery process.

Alt-F10 (outside of Windows) recovery: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35232

Windows Recovery: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26281

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• lsilich04

Cory,

Thank you for contacting US support and extending my warranty. However, I'm still skeptical that my system would corrupt in the exact same way twice in a row, and a month of extended support might not help me if I perform the recovery operation, see great results for a month, and then experience the problem again, since it seems to be an issue that worsens over the course of many weeks.

That said, I'll try the recovery operation within the next week and see how it goes. It might be worth noting that I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 to correct the issue, but the process inexplicably failed partway and it even deleted my download of the OS, and since it took me a full day to download it the first time, I haven't tried it again.

Thank you.

• lsilich04

Cory, 

I wiped my computer and restarted, then upgraded immediately to Windows 10, even before I loaded any apps, programs, or files. This time, unlike last time, it completed the upgrade successfully, but already, within 24 hours, I have experienced three blue screens, during incredibly boring and common tasks like surfing the internet and playing Minecraft.

I tried to get in contact with an Acer representative and was informed again by computers that my SNID was out of date and I was ineligible for support.

Please help.

EDIT: Additionally, I will be out of the country from the 19th to the 25th. I need a better solution than a month of extended support (which doesn't even seem to be true).