Acer Timeline 4810TZ wifi driver for windows 10

greenrodeo
greenrodeo Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently installed Windows 10 on my old 4810TZ. It runs remarkedly well with one exception. My wifi works but no longer picks up the signal in my house as well as it used to. Instead of full reception it only seems to have 1 or 2 bars unless I am within a couple of feet of the router. I have tried a couple different Atheros AR5B91 drivers but none seem to make a difference. I see in my research that there have been problems with Windows 10 and wifi but none of the fixes have worked for me and really I think it is a driver issue since I do have reception.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

>>>My wifi works but>>>Instead of full reception it only seems to have 1 or 2 bars unless I am within a couple of feet of the router.>>>

Could be a minor issue with the signal strength meter, not with the connection. Are you having a problem with it working in any area of your house? If not, are you having a problem with it working with any hotspots? If no to either of those problems, then I'd be tempted to leave well enough alone if it were mine. 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ