ACER Aspire E1 Can't get rid of BIOS password

wmarsh
wmarsh Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Purchased an ACER Aspire E1 from an EBAY ACER Store about a year ago. A couple of weeks ago, I started it up and promptly received a BIOS PASSWORD entry. Since that time, the notebook has been absolutely worthless. I guess I've tried hardware, software, battery, and anything I could think of to correct the problem. I've tried MICROSOFT forums. ACER Forums, ASK.COM Forums and Forums, forums, forrums and any other forums I could think of to try and resolve the unknown BIOS password. Thank you UEFI. 

I guess short of replacing the EEPROM on the motherboard(don't even think that would help) which I would be leary of doing.

Can't get rid of the BIOS password. 

If I contact ACER Support, They say it's a hardware issue. I've tried( as suggested by ACER support), taking it to STAPLES, BESTBUY, FRYS ELECTRONICS, OFFICE MAX, DATA DOCTORS, And several other "computer repair facilities" to no avail.

IN A NUTSHELL, IT'S A $400 PIECE OF garbage...

If anyone has any ideas on how to reslove this issue, send me an E-mail, fax, text. or post a reply...

Thanks for letting me VENT..

WMARSH....

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

can you post the exact E1 model?

E1-xxx

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • wmarsh

Sorry, I missed that one. Ths model is : ACER Aspire E1-522-3442

• IronFly

Check Private message.

• wmarsh

Only one word for it.....GENUIS>>>THANKS

• IronFly
    You welcome. Smiley Happy
  • canadianpanda
    canadianpanda Member Posts: 1 New User

please send me solution, I got the same issue 

my model is  V5-171 

thank you soooooooooooo much 

• jimbo1
    jimbo1 Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm having the same problem where it keeps asking for a password that i never set for bios,,sound like there should me a master password that needs to be entered,,,can anyone help with this for the Acer E5-551-T5sn,,,,thank you

• deviluke
    deviluke Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem but my laptop model is V3-731 and ive tried removing CMOS battery for 30+mins and used the CMOS jumper with no avail. thanks for you help in advance.

• baruk
    baruk Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi IronFly,

How are you doing??, sorry to bother you but you are my only chance to get off this problem. I also have this issue bios ask me for a password that i do not have any idea what it is, my model is : Aspire E1-421-0428.

Could you please help me ?? Its been like 2 moths since this happend and my laptop is worthless since.

Thank you so much in advance dude.

• TCW70
    TCW70 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the same problem with trying to eliminate the bios password.  Please let me in on your solution! I have an Aspire 5570Z.

• mperez5
    mperez5 Member Posts: 5 New User

I have tried everything I could find on the internet for the past three weeks on V3-731 Windows 10 Laptop (I'm obsessed with trying to figure this out) I would love it if I could get the solution. PLEASE, PRETTY Please!!!!!!!!!!!???????

• Pepperkini
    Pepperkini Member Posts: 1 New User
    I inherited an Acer Aspire V3-771 - VA70 with a number 53216G50Makk. I know it was bought in Texas by my friend Mark.
    There is an eeprom BIOS with unknown password. I need to do a fresh windows install from USB but cannot enter BIOS to change boot sequence which is stuck on HDD first. Can anyone help?

• Tux1514
    Tux1514 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi I have a acer aspire E1-522-5460 and theres a bios password and I forgot what it was and I don't have any recovery disk

Tux

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator

Hi Tux1514,

Unfortunately we do not allow/provide direct support or discuss any steps on unlocking BIOS passwords or bypassing of security features. (Please check/ review our Acer Community User Agreement) 

We recommend contacting your local Acer support for better assistance.

Note: We will be closing this thread. 

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.