How I change my email address (acer id)?

Davej32094
Davej32094 Member Posts: 1 New User

I changed my email address and would like to change it on my Acer profile. The modify function on my profile page will not allow the email address to be changed. How do I proceed?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    daztraction 

Please send a private message to our Community Admin  Acer-Karp including the email address your Acer ID is currently using along with the new email you wish to use, and he will arrange for the account to be changed. To avoid spam, users need at to have least 1 post to be able to use the PM system.  You should be able to send a PM now.

https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Karp

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello Davej32094,

Please send me a Private Message with more detail about your request and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

Phil-3

Community Moderator

• Acer-Brad
    Acer-Brad Administrator Posts: 348 Community Administrator

Currently you can not change the email address of your Acer ID as it is the central identifier for your account.  However you can change the email address in Acer Community which allows your Community notifications and subscriptions come to your new address.  But you will still need to log into Acer Community using the original email address you set up your Acer ID with.  

• pcfa1
    pcfa1 Member Posts: 30 New User

thank you for your help.

• iwanowich
    iwanowich Member Posts: 1 New User

For some reason my mail adres shows on the end two times net / it should be[edited for privacy]@att.net like it is typed in here but for some reason also on typing my emails it automatically shows like this [edited for privacy]@att.new.net this is not good

• bkcme
    bkcme Member Posts: 2 New User

I also need to change the email address associated with my account. Please advise me on how to proceed as the current email address will no longer exist.

• merielalice
    merielalice Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi there, I've moved Broadband providers and my BT email address will be deleted in 30 days. It's my Acer ID so I need to change that. Are you able to help me? 

• Fingers
    Fingers Member Posts: 1 New User

This private Message link to Phil-3 does not work.
    So Moderator, how do i change my e-mail to my current provider?

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello Fingers,

Please send a private message to our Community Admin Acer-Karp including the email address your Acer ID is currently using along with the new email you wish to use, and he will arrange for the account to be changed.

Thanks! 

• TeslaDude
    TeslaDude Member Posts: 2 New User

Ok. It appears that Acer_Brad is no longer the moderator. How do I go about changing my email/Acer Username? Thanks in advance for the help!!

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,335 Community Administrator

TeslaDude ha escrito:

Ok. It appears that Acer_Brad is no longer the moderator. How do I go about changing my email/Acer Username? Thanks in advance for the help!!

To avoid spam, users need at to have least 1 post to be able to use the PM system.  You should be able to send a PM now.

• TeslaDude
    TeslaDude Member Posts: 2 New User

Great! Thank you for your help! I just sent Brad a message.

• resetxx
    resetxx Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having the same problem. I cannot change to my new email address in my Acer acount settings. How can I accomplish this?

resetxx

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hi resetxx,

As Phil has stated earlier in this thread, you can send a private message to get your email address changed.  Instead of sending it to our Community Admin, Acer-Brad, go ahead and send a private message to Acer-Karp and she'll be able to help you out!

Phil-3 wrote:

Hello Fingers,

Please send a private message to our Community Admin Acer-Brad including the email address your Acer ID is currently using along with the new email you wish to use, and he will arrange for the account to be changed.

Thanks! 

• resetxx
    resetxx Member Posts: 2 New User

Kathy-1  Sorry... Smiley Embarassed I should have read the thread. duh...

Thanks for your help!

Kindest Regards,

resetxx

• Kathy-1

resetxx wrote:

Kathy-1  Sorry... Smiley Embarassed I should have read the thread. duh...

Thanks for your help!

Kindest Regards,

resetxx

You're welcome, and no worries - I wanted to make note of the change in who to send to, so your message was perfectly fine Smiley Happy

• oo24ooo6
    oo24ooo6 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I can't sent messenger

• Kathy-1

oo24ooo6 wrote:

Hello, I can't sent messenger

HI oo24ooo6,

Now that you've posted once, you should be able to send a private message.  Just reach out to Acer-Karp and he should be able to help you out!

If you have any further issues, just let us know!

• Evilwestside
    Evilwestside Member Posts: 1 New User

I also need to have my ID updated, my old E-mail address is no longer valid.  I tried sending a PM but my request was rejected.  Also if you use my earthink E-mail I will not receive your response.

• Kathy-1

Evilwestside wrote:

I also need to have my ID updated, my old E-mail address is no longer valid.  I tried sending a PM but my request was rejected.  Also if you use my earthink E-mail I will not receive your response.

Hi Evilwestside,

Now that you've made a post, you should be able to send a PM.  Just reach out to Acer-Jose and he'll help you out!

• lingluck
    lingluck Member Posts: 1 New User

hi