EMachines ET1831-05 Initial Load Issue

NickolasShaffer
NickolasShaffer Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I have an EMachines ET1831-05 of which has recently decided that it is tired of being computer and has now dedicated its life to being an expensive brick...

Anyways, the issue its having is when i turn it on, it doesnt load or anything. It just sits there and plays a constant tone or "beep" without any pauses.

Video of the Computer Singing Its Song Of Death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeCFJoWYzKc

It does this even after removing and reinstalling some hardware in the computer including HDD, DVD drives, Media Reader, Aftermarket Graphics Card, and Ram in all different configurations of what is conntected and whats not. Still does the same thing.

Ive researched into what beep codes mean what but have found nothing that is specific to my model of EMachine thus no conclusions as to what has gone wrong.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

when you press the power button, do the fans starts?

if you disconnect HDD, DVD, ram sticks, media reader together and try to boot, does it beep?

Have you checked the CMOS battery voltage?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • NickolasShaffer
    NickolasShaffer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Fans start and computer lights up as normal. Still beeps with everything disconnected. CMOS is ok at 3v which is what it is rated at.

Side note, I didn't think CMOS would affect booting.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

on some systems when CMOS battery is too low, there is a beep warning and it will not boot.

there is not much more to test, in my opinion, you can try to disconnect mouse and keyboard too but i'm suspecting a CPU failure.

can you check if it's well seated?

I'm not an Acer employee.