Windows 10 device manager: "unknown devices", ACPI (Aspire V3-112P)

HanspeterK
HanspeterK Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

there are many out there who seem to have the same problem after the  Windows 10 upgrade to your Acer: the touchpad did not work any more.

Connecting an external USB mouse works perfect.

Here is what I did to get it running again:

- I checked in the Device Manager all drivers and noted that the Intel Serial IO Driver had a yellow exclamation mark

- for security reasons I made first a new restore point

- then I uninstalled the IO driver and downloaded the latest version from the Acer Support pages:

IO DriversIntelSerial IO Driver604.10135.1001.530013.4 MB

2015/08/11

You need of course to check the right version for your own model, the above is for the Acer Aspire V3-112P

- I installed the driver in normal mode (no compatibility mode) and restarted the computer AND I removed my USB mouse during the restart

- now the touchpad was immedidately recognized and it started to work and it also showed up as a HID/PS2 mouse in the device manager

- I reinstalled the USB mouse and went to the "Settings", "Mouse and Touchpad" and kept both external mouse and touchpad active together. Both drivers now were visible in the device manager.

- it is now possible to switch on/off the touchpad with the Fn/F7 key.

I hope that the above helps to identify. Key finding was the yellow exclamation mark on the Intel IO driver in the device manager and the update of this driver.

I did however first try to install and uninstall the Synaptics touch pad driver, and here I am not sure if that had an impact to get it working. At least there is no Synaptics driver now visible in the device manager. So this is the only "insecure" component on the approach described above.

Good luck to all to get this working.

HanspeterK

Best Answer

Answers