Aspire E5-571G screen upgrade

Erik3
Erik3 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi folks,

I'd like to upgrage the screen on Aspire E5-571G from 1366x768 to a FHD screen. This laptop also ships with a FHD screen from the factory so there should be no motherboard/bios issue.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether I have a one or two lane eDP cable. It's likely that it's a one lane eDP cable since the display I have is 1366x768...so I was wondering whether you can advise where I could get a 2 lane eDP cable for this notebook that would support a FHD screen?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,

1. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.
    2. What model do you own exactly?
    3. Do you know the part number of your actual LCD panel?

Apparently the cables are the same for both LCD panels.

1. For the motherboard UMA: 50.ML9N2.005 - LCD CABLE FOR UMA
    2. For the motherboard with discrete graphic board: 50.MNSN2.002 - LCD CABLE FOR DISCRETE
    France
  • Erik3

Tinkerer

Thank you for the quick reply, appreciate it:

1)NXMLCEC009

2)E5-571G-5310

3)I don't cause I've not taken the screen apart yet

I have a discrete graphic gard Nvidia Geforce 840M

My motherboard model is EA50_HB (U3E1)

So are you saying that I have a 2 lane eDP cable even for a 1366x768 display (cause one labe eDP will not be sufficient for FHD)? That would make my day

• Erik3

Tinkerer

Hi,

so after your suggestion on the cable and further googling I've come to the following findings. Could you pls confirm them?

1) the cable that currently connects my 1366x768 screen should be good for the Full HD resolution screen as well

2) the Full HD resolution screen that is shipped with E5-571G is "b156htn03.1"

3) the specs for this display are more than terrible

- Brightness : 220

- Contrast ration : 400:1

4) so I'd like to use a better one that should be interchangable for "b156htn03.1" based on this webpage

http://www.panelook.com/B156HTN03.1_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_20475.html#compatible_model

I was thinking about "N156HGE-EB1"

Could you confirm that my logic is correct here?

Thank you

• Hello,

Wow many questions!Smiley Happy You have already done a lot of research.

1. Yes. As I said, 50.MNSN2.002 - LCD CABLE FOR DISCRETE is the same cable for HD or FHD panels.
    2. I haven't this part in "my big data base". Here are the original LCD panels:
      Spoiler
      KL.15608.021LED PANEL.LPL.15.6'FHD.NGL.EDP (LG)
      KL.1560D.011LCD PANEL.15.6'W.FHD.NON.GL.EDP (CHIMEY INNOLUX)
    3. See the parts stated.
    4. "

Note:

eDP means Embedded Display Port (VESA). In this official document of eDP V1.2, you can see in page 9:

Pin 3 and 4 must be connected (lane 1). Check your cable to be sure but I'm 100 %sure that this one is good.

France
  • Erik3

Tinkerer

Thanks man, I'll get one of these and will report back whether I replaced it sucessfully .... or not Smiley Happy

Appreciate your help

• Erik3

Tinkerer

So I'm reporting back as promissed.

I just replace my 1366x768 with a Full HD ISP screen....and it's just unbelievable how much the screen improved. The original screen was one of the worst I've seen (my previous 10 year old computer had a better screen).

I went for the ISP one you suggested but the seller sent me a different one (there is a bunch of them that can be inter changed) ... I'd say with a better specs

So if you have the same laptop as I do...this one will work very well.

http://www.panelook.com/LP156WF6-SPB1_LG%20Display_15.6_LCM_overview_24180.html

I have some calibration to do...but thanks a lot for your help...I tried 3 different official ACER support sites but you are the only one that really helped me Smiley Happy

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Wow!Smiley Happy

You're welcome... Thanks for your feedback ... The same eDP cable!Smiley Wink

France
  • thiagomartini
    thiagomartini Member Posts: 1 New User

Erik3, good to see it worked. 

I have a E5-571G-760Q, maybe you or laurent could tell if the same P/N would work for me too...

thinking about changing the display, but i'm just starting my research.

thanks!

• chriz74
    chriz74 Member Posts: 17 New User

Hello, do you have a suggested solution for acer p253-m ? the LVDS cable is the same as in this 571 however the laptop case is totally different.

• Chauhan
    Chauhan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hey Erik3 and laurent_14 i have similar laptop my laptop model is E-571G with 4GB Ram(now 8 GB), intel core i5-4210u , Nvidea 820m and 500 gb hdd , can i also upgrade??? please help! 

Erik3 in what price did you buy that display
  • jfed_aus
    jfed_aus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi @laurent_14,

I own a Aspire E 15 E5-575G-5230 (1366 x 768) laptop and was hoping to upgrade to FHD screen. 

I contacted an ebay seller (AU) but they weren't sure if it was possible.
    They sent me a link to a possible screen they had that I could try:

FHD 1920*1080 screen:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182809450959

Would it be compatible?

Thanks.