Acer Community enhanced with Single Sign On

Acer-BradAcer-Brad Administrator, Moderator Posts: 347 Community Administrator
edited February 2019 in What's Happening

At Acer we're always looking for ways make it easy for you to interact with us! Today, you may have several username and password combinations for this, so we are taking steps to consolidate them into a single Acer ID.

As of today December 10th, you will notice a different Community Sign In/Register process than what you are used to. This new Sign In/Register process will allow you to link your Acer Community username and password with your Acer ID.

Your Acer ID is based on your email address.  In fact you may already have one if you use our BYOC Cloud applications or if you have registered an Acer product on Acer.com. If you don't have an Acer ID yet, no worries, you will be prompted to create one when you Register or Sign into Acer Community.  Its simple and of course free!

Once your Community membership is linked to your Acer ID, you will use your Acer ID  (email address and selected password) for logging into your Acer Community profile. You will notice no changes to your current Community membership once these are linked. The only change will be that you no longer use your Community ID to log in, instead you will use your Acer ID (Email address).

In the future your Acer ID will be used to gain access to other great Acer Service and Acer Store web sites. Making it a better overall experience for you.

Comments

• gpstoloffgpstoloff Member Posts: 21

I can be logged into my MyAcer account and be on that Web page.

When I choose Acer Community, my existing Acer ID isn't recognized on the Community page and it shows me as Guest.

If I select to log in from the Community page, it takes me back to the same Acer ID page, logs me in again, and then Community shows me by my Acer ID.

Does this mean that the linkage between my Community account and my MyAcer account wasn't done correctly?