My Acer Iconia Tab A500 wont charge,Why is that?

2»

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Can be a problem with the charger plug, try with another charger if possible.

Give a look also at the A200 charger hole plug, there is a leaf on one side, check if it touch the plug when inserting.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

First thing, turn the tablet off (fully off, not just asleep) so it doesn't go down any further. It is possible to discharge the battery enough that the tablet has to be sent to a repair facility to get it working again if you don't do this.

There are several things that can cause a tablet to not charge. Typically it's either a power supply that has gone bad (often the wires between the brick abd the plug can break where they bend the most) or a power connector that's dirty or bent. if you can, check the power supply first. If you use a VOM (Volt/Ohm Meter) you should see 12VDC between the center and outside of the power plug. If you don't see voltage inspeact the cable carefully to see if there might be internal breaks in the wires. Best to just replace the supply if this is the case, they're readily avaiable and pretty cheap.

If the power supply is giving you good voltage then you need to look closely at the power socket on the tablet. Is it stuffed full of lint? Is the center electrode straight and in the center? Does the socket or the electrode wiggle when you push sideways on it? A bad socket will require a trip to a repair depot, and that might not be cost effective in comparison to the costs of the newer tablets.

Let us know what you find out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kaitie77
    Kaitie77 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just got my tablet (acer100) a few weeks ago. When I plug it in the cord jiggles agaist the tablet. I was able to get it to charge by keeping it very still but that wont always work. I was wondering if there was any other way to fix the problem other then spending a ton of money (as it was a presnt and I dont much money in my budget)

Thanks 

-Kaitlyn

• MRandallE
    MRandallE Member Posts: 1 New User

It's your charger. I connected my husband's Kindle charger to my Acer Tablet. Worked like a charm. Then afterwards the much needed upgrade began to automatically download. My Acer is working a lot better now. It holds a charger longer than before. However, I am looking to upgrade from my Acer to a better tablet.

• MaryEB34ex
    MaryEB34ex Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had one given to me that had set for 2 years. Couldn't get it to charge. After reading several comments on here, I got a pipe cleaner, folded it in half and stuck the folded end in rubbing alcohol. Squeezed out the excess. And cleaned inside the charge port. Plugged it in and it started charging!!!!!