v3-571g screen upgrade

valliant
valliant Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello, new here.

I own Acer Aspire V3-571G-73638G1TMakk, Q5WV1, model NX.M7DEX.006, with  nvidia geforce 730m (4Gb).

Screen on it is AUO B156XTN02.2, 3x2 points side mounting, along with 40 pin LVDS(LED) cable DC02001FO10.

Its 1366*768 HD screen, and I want to upgrade to full HD 1920*1080.

Million dollar question...does anyone know if existing LVDS cable is capable of full hd (2 channel) or not, and if not, then which one is?

Also maybe someone knows first hand which FHD screen is 100% compatible with my V3-571G.

I know upgrade is possible, but is almost impossible to find needed information.

There are two options as I see:

1) buy 40 pin LVDS FHD screen and connect it with current cable (if it is 2 channel), or buy 2 channel LVDS cable (which one???). Its simplest option because there are plenty of LVDS FHD side mounting screens.

2) buy 30 pin eDP FHD screen, like the FHD ones here

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Acer/ASPIRE%20V3-571G%20SERIES/?set_currency=USD

and compatible cable, like this one 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171751618880?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Big problem is different mounting position (face mounting vs side), dimensions seem to be ok, but how to install/fix it? Glue? Maybe it has side holes too?

Second big problem, the cable. It's 40 pin on motherboard side (should fit), but eDP on LCD side. does my Q5WV1 motherboard support eDP on LCD side at all?

At least, maybe someone owns FHD aspire v3-571G and knows his cable and screen serial number?

Please help, because I'm constrained with budget, and upgrade in service center is too expensive (i've checked), and i really want to upgrade resolution, because I use it a lot and foggy and sqare letters are pain to read.

Thanks in advance to anyone trying.

Best Answer

• valliant
    Answer ✓

I think i have all the informaton i need, so i'll share for others searching.

Basically, to upgrade your v3-571g to full hd, you need screen and cable Laurent wrote, and new hinges and back cover.

• ACER LCD PANEL LED 15.6" FHD NGL eDP (KL.15608.005), replacement for LG LP156WF4-SPB1
    • ACER COVER LCD IMR GRAY FHD (60.RZGN2.001)
    • ACER CABLE EDP FHD (50.RZGN2.002), or this...Q5WV1 FHD LCD video cable dc02c004600
    • ACER COVER LCD BRACKET R&L FHD (33.RZGN2.001)

Brackets/hinges seems to be same, except, in the upper part they have extension for fixing. And cover is gray andprobably has holes for fixing in lower part.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,043 Trailblazer

Hello,

I found both part numbers of LCD panel and cable for Aspire V3-571G:

Spoiler
    KL.15608.005LCD PANEL.LED.15.6".FHD.NGL.eDP (1920x1080)
    50.RZGN2.002CABLE.EDP.FHD
    France
  • valliant

Thank you for information ACE laurent_14. Its helpfull.

After some searching it seems that LVDS connection can't be 2 channel, because roughly half of pin configuration on motherboard is 1 chanell LVDS and other half is eDP so the only way to have full HD is by using eDP. Thats ok, because it means that cables like ACE laurent_14 suggested should be compatible with motherboard.

But there is still screen fixing problem.

Old LVDS screen has 3 holes on each side for fixing. New eDP screen has top and bottom fixing brackets. 

• valliant
    Answer ✓

Basically, to upgrade your v3-571g to full hd, you need screen and cable Laurent wrote, and new hinges and back cover.

• ACER LCD PANEL LED 15.6" FHD NGL eDP (KL.15608.005), replacement for LG LP156WF4-SPB1
    • ACER CABLE EDP FHD (50.RZGN2.002), or this...Q5WV1 FHD LCD video cable dc02c004600

Brackets/hinges seems to be same, except, in the upper part they have extension for fixing. And cover is gray andprobably has holes for fixing in lower part.

• shenlong
    shenlong Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

How is it? Did you manage to upgrade? I am also looking at upgrading my half HD V3-571G to a high resolution LCD.

I wonder if this LCD replace is compatible:

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/B156HW03~V.0/

I will need the FHD cable as mentioned. otherwise, it will have white channel as descripted here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6066/acer-aspire-v3571g9435-the-value-proposition/5

• valliant
    Yes it worked. The new full hd screen is working and its sooo much better than the old screen. Colors, viewing angles, everything 5 times better. Now I fully see just how horrible the old lcd was.

You need all the parts mentioned. It needs to be edp cable exactly the one mentioned because its for this acer model.
    Don't know if lcd you mention works, but if you ask fullhd lcd by laptop name "aspire v3-571g" it should work. They have it on the store you linked, I watched also.

Also you need new brackets, exactly the one mentioned, and preferably maching back cover also mentioned.
  • infazz
    infazz Member Posts: 1 New User

I had no idea that upgrading the screen was possible with this laptop. I'm definitely gonna do it now though!

Where did you buy most of the parts?

Thanks.

• chriz74
    chriz74 Member Posts: 17 New User

Hello, do you have a suggested solution for Acer p253-m ? The cable in this pc is the same LVDS you are discussing here, I guess I could use the same suggested screen and edp cable but the problem is the laptop case of p253 is completely different from the 571

• keith20mm
    keith20mm Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited April 2018
    Regarding this cable, from valluant (thanks for info):

Photos of the item show two connectors for the LCD end of the cable.  One is the 30-pin connector, and the other appears to be a DS- type connector.

The LCD I have found at laptopscreen.com 

WideScreen (13.6"x7.6") WUXGA (1920x1080) Full HD Matte LED. compatible with p/n LP156WF4(SP)(B1)

has only the 30-pin connector.

I would like to know the purpose of the other LCD cable end connector.. Possibly backlight control for older CFL backlight, replaced by LED backlight?

Image of cable I am considering is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Original-LCD-LED-Video-Cable-For-ACER-aspire-v3-571-V3-571G-DC02C004600/222905006036?hash=item33e62c77d4:g:WuwAAOSwB09YD1Cx

or search ebay for 

DC02C004600

..then be sure the cable is listed as FHD

Thanks in advance for any information on purpose of "other" connector on LCD cable end.

• keith20mm
    keith20mm Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

It occurs to me that this connector may be for the camera, but I haven't taken a V3 LCD frame apart yet, so I don't know for sure.  Could also be for touch provision.
  • wooks
    wooks Member Posts: 1 New User
    i wonder if someone tried that without changing the back cover and brackets, i would like to buy that connector and a FHD lcd but i struggle if i will be able to match it somehow, even glue it so it will work...

• inthegarage
    inthegarage Member Posts: 1 New User
    valliant said:

I see the current components are all available except the Gray FHD. How important is this, why can't I use the current cover?
    I get the rest:
    - LED - that's the new screen
    - Cable- yep will need that too.
    - Bracket - probably needed for the gray FHD.

Are there alternatives to the Gray FHD?
    Any help appreciated,  it would be great to update the laptop as the rest runs like a train (with Linux). A German train that is, not a British one :-)
  • yiwotxxx
    yiwotxxx Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2020
    @inthegarage I'd like to see any updates? @valliant has said it's preferably required. So no need to change the back cover? 
This discussion has been closed.