Aspire E1-472P Display Driver Update Failed

Mock1
Mock1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire E1-472P.  Some time after updating to Windows 10 I started having problems.  The recent one seems to be with the display driver since when using a second monitor the screen went black and said "Invalid Input" or something like that.  I read a few communities and see that Intel has updated the display driver, but the page suggested installing from Acer in case it is customized.  I checked Acer for any updated drivers for my machine's SNID and it listed the NVidia 10.18.13.5350.  My current display driver is Intel HD Graphics Family version 10.18.15.4248. 

From the Acer site I downloaded the NVidia driver suggested (10.18.13.5350), but the install failed and gave a message that it could not find compatible hardware.  I read some similar posts but about different Acer models which suggested trying to downloading the Intel version.  But one user had trouble doing that, and the suggestion was to use the Acer version.  So what approach should I take since the Acer driver didn't work?  Your help would be appreciated. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you have Intel graphics, you can't use a Nvidia driver

Go to Device Manager and roll back the driver.

Start, search Device Manager,Clickthe arrow on Display addapters and double click your adapter. Click driver and roll back.

Or install this driver

VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.10.3304154.4 MB2013/10/11Download