s3-391 windows 10 drivers

ehrenfreund
ehrenfreund Member Posts: 3 New User

When will Windows 10 drivers be available for the Aspire S3-391?  I upgraded to Windows 10 and had nothing but problems not realizing drivers weren't available.  Since I had to rollback to Windows 8.1.

Let me know...thx!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

S3-391 is not on the Acer's list of upgradable laptops; so no windows 10 support, by the way you can try to use Windows update to find new drivers or check if S3-392 drivers can be compatible.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ehrenfreund

Thanks IronFly but dissapointing to hear no Windows 10 drivers for my S3-391.  It's only a year and a half old and it's already obsolete! :-(  Won't buy an Acer again!  Horrible warranty and support since listened to the Windows 10 pop-up and upgraded only to find out this machine isn't campatible!   You would think there would be a compatibilt chech first so people don't spend hours waisting their time.  Very aggrevating!

Time to make the Macbook switch. 

Thanks again for your help!  At least now I know where I stand.

Bryan

• IronFly

Bryan....your laptop is probably 99% compatibile with windows 10, just need to find the correct drivers.

as i told you, probably the S3-392 share the same drivers, so you can try to use them or write here which kind of issues you had using windows 10 on your lapotp and we will try to help you. Smiley Happy

• ehrenfreund

Thanks again!  I experienced multiple issues when I upgraded to Windows 10.  Fan constantly ran at high rate.  Very loud. Machine intermitently would not boot up.   None bootble drive message were the two biggest issues.  

• IronFly

Fan at high rate is a wrong chipset driver or thermal management.

none bootable device.....that's strange.

if you really want to try again windows 10, i suggest you to do a clear installation instead of upgrade (remember to create the Acer recovery media prior to upgrade, so you can re-install windows 8.1 from scratch).

Check to have the latest BIOS on your laptop, do a clean windows 10 installation (skip the steps about product key, it will authenticate automatically once connected to windows update), let windows update find all the drivers and check if your issues are still there.