Switch 10 FHD - Repair case - closed and automatic template reply from "do not reply email"???

dan83bz
dan83bz Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a 2-in-1, the Acer Aspire Switch 10 FHD model. Its still within the 12 month warranty

It has developed 2 problems, firstly the docking connection is poor, it keeps disconnecting the hard drive at the slightest move/adjustemt of screen angle and secondly, more recently,the audio jack developed a problem , more exatly the sound coming out of the internal speakers is fine, but thru the headphones there is this annoying, loud, constant ticking sound. Tried many headphones, same results, so must be clearly some hardware problem with the jack itself since re-installing the audio driver did NOT help either.

So anyway I opened a case with the customer care , http://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/ , wrote with exact details what the problems were, then got a message immediately after confirming the case number and that someone will contact me soon.

Today (3 days later) I received what looks like an automated/template email ,telling me to try to restore the tablet to factory settings. Moreover, they also CLOSED the case telling me in the end "If the problem continue please let us know again". 

So now I will have to open another case, spend 20 minutes writing the details again, and then what? What if they close it again??? I live in Cyprus, a small place so I don't even know if they have any service here, the original email I received when opening the case was saying that soon someone will contact me with details on where to post the tablet for them to fix it. 

Plus, the emails come from "do_not_reply@acer-euro.com>" which is very convenient since I cannot even reply back?!? 

So far I am quite disappointed with Acer, this will most  likely be the first and last ever product I buy from them. Shame as on paper ir was supposed to be a good product, but these two issues are quite major and if they won't even bother to help me fix it...that's very poor service. Smiley Indifferent

Answers

• dan83bz

No clue about what I should do next? It seems that the Acer customer care has failed me and they refuse to take this matter further, they keep sending me TEMPLATE email to try and restore the tablet whenever I open a case. Bloody great that is...how is restoring going to help when its a hardware issue? Smiley Mad

[word filter avoidance]

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can you please post the Sw5-xxx model?

Acer Cyprus service
    Acer Computer (Middle East) Ltd.
    P.O.Box 16951,Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Hotline:8004711(applicable only for UAE)

Tel: 971-4-8813111
    Fax: 971-4-8811077
    Email: info@acer.co.ae

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dan83bz

Hi and thanks for replying.

The number is SW5-012   (Switch 10 FHD)

• astrowhiz
    astrowhiz Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve your problem with the HD randomly disconnecting?

I have the same problem (as well as a lot of other people it seems)

I thought it might be the USB power setings a first, but now I'm not sure.

I've seen that some western digital drives have problems with Via Labs USB 3.0 hubs... but the switch 10 has USB 2.0.

Could be a firmware issue, but we would need Acer to acknowledge the issue and look into it.

• astrowhiz
    astrowhiz Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I have the SW3-013 with the latest bios.

I think I may have solved the problem, hopefully.

The problem was the Acer Switchlock feature. It was constantly spinning up and then down the 500gb drive every few seconds. The USB hub only has 100mA and I think at a certain point the drive just powers off and disconnects. I disabled Switchlock through the Acer quick access panel and it seems fine now.