S7-392 issue with Hyper-V and Windows 10

naweed
naweed Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi,

I upgraded my S7-392 to Windows 10, and as soon as I enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 and reboot, the screen gets stuck at the boot logo. The progress ring is spinning and nothing happens after that. I can login in safe mode and disable the Hyper-V, and the system boots normally. I tried this many times. Everytime I enable Hyper-V, I am unable to boot into windows again (until I disable Hyper-V). I also performed a clean install of Windows 10 pro on my S7-392, and the same problem persists.

Any solution to this. This is really urgent and important. This is my primary development machine, and I need to run Windows Phone Emulators in Visual Studio.

Thanks and appreciate quick help.

Naweed

Answers

• naweed

Will check and try. But just to note, the same was working fine in Windows 8.1 before the Windows 10 upgrade. So, I highly doubt if this is a bios issue.

Regards

Naweed

• naweed

Already have the suggested chipset driver (same version) and other acer Win10 x64 drivers installed. Problem still persists.

I have already gone through lot of blog posts and web articals. Seems like there is some issue with some driver somewhere.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

naweed,

Did you get it working?  I tried on acer TC-605 Win10pro desktop w/ latest BIOS.  The intel management engine interface driver keeps crashing (among other things)  I can repair it and it looks like I can get something working.  But no point of continuing since a simple reboot breaks the intel management engine interface driver again.  I haven't managed to corrupt the bootloader like it appears you did (yet).  But give me some time, and I think I can.

I don't know if it's the driver or the BIOS, but it is seriously bugged/broken/incompatible.  If it's BIOS problem, hopefully they will update BIOS and it will be problem solved for both of us.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • naweed

No luck till now. I am awaiting Acer to respond on this. This is very frustrating. I am using my S7 as my core development machine, and unfortunately, not able to run emulators because of Hyper-V issue.

Hope Acer fixes this soon.

• JordanB

I guess the third time is the charm.  I finally got Hyper-V working without the IMEI driver breaking (sort of). It still breaks sometimes on a reboot, but I guess I can live with that as it's quick and easy to repair. When you said you did a clean install, did you use diskpart clean to ensure your EFI is wiped or are you repairing your EFI?

Capture.PNG

working2.png

• JordanB

Upon further review....it's broken.  Too many hoops to jump through.  Network switch breaks upon disabling Hyper V and reboot.  Video is sluggish even when IMEI reports working and Hyper-V disabled.  And the weird thing is...I'm pretty sure it actually breaks the windows store app....causes it to crash.

• JordanB

I finally figured out what was causing the IMEI to break and the Intel HD 4600 video to be sluggish.  It's because I use the Intel Display Audio..i.e. plug my speakers in to my desktop's monitor (instead of the onboard Realtek audio).  I discovered it by pure luck of plugging my headset in the Realtek ports.

And the virtual switch breaking was pilot error...oops.  And windows store app now works <<sigh>>.

• rjleo
    rjleo Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem happens to me in my acer S7-392. Acer must address this issue as soon as possible.

Bios is 2.12, drivers updated to match windows 10 version

• naweed

Still waiting for an answer. This is becoming frustrating now. Cannot use this amazing machine for the purpose I bought it for.

• naweed

Any update on this??? I am still stuck.