Updating bios

dddrwal
dddrwal Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

today i  wanted to update my bios (from "P02-A2" to "P03-A3) because i want to use my new processor - intel i7 3770, but after start updating i got sad massage "Rom file size does not match existing BIOS size".

I have got a predator g3610 and i was installing it through DOS by using pendrive.

What should i do now?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

P03-A3 BIOS description says:

BIOS (for device with Ivy Bridge & USB 3.0 supported)

has your Predator the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture?

i don't think you can update P02-A2 version to P03-03, the BIOS flash is telling that, different ROM size.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dddrwal

I understand it, but i will ask one question.

Look at this site http://www.mediamarkt.de/mcs/product/_ACER-Aspire-Predator-G3610-i7-3770-8GB-2TB,48353,310737.html?langId=-3 - i know it is german site - i think they have got my motherboard and on it they have processor which i want - "intel i7 3770". How did they do it? I mean, they also should have installed that update (P03-A3) but in my opinion they also have no enough space.

• IronFly

it's your model but with different motherboard, so probably they have Ivy Bridge support and new BIOS.

• dddrwal

So I have to get new motherboard, right? There is no other way?

• IronFly

As far as i know, no other way....if you are still under warranty, give Acer support a call, maybe they have better informations.

• dddrwal

Ok then, i will try it.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy