aspire v5 touchscreen problem

amiraizat124
amiraizat124 Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently bought and Acer Aspire V5-471P touchscreen laptop with Windows 8 OS. Within several minutes of initially powering on the laptop, the touchscreen had developed a phantom touch that occurs in only ONE spot on the screen.

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Amir

Since your computer is new, this seems like a situation to use Acer warranty services (or maybe first see it place of purchase will exchange).

Leho

• nexus51174
    nexus51174 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

My touchscreen is working (V5-571p-6642) but with recent Windows 8 & Acer updates I have notice that I occasionally get "ghost clicks" on the touchscreen (top center).  This is very annoying when you put a window to fullscreen then suddenly it goes back to original size.  Or typing and then getting a beeping noise because you are no longer in the window with your document.

I've been doing some research on trying to disable the touchscreen in Windows 8.

1.  Go to Control Panel
    2.  Search for "Pen" and click on Pen and Touch from the results.
    3.  There if you are the lucky ones, is a box to uncheck to disable the Touchscreen

Unfortunately I am not the lucky one.  There is no box to disable touchscreen.

Further research into forums, I've found other laptops having the similar problem and they point to the generic n-trig driver Windows 8 is using.  And some found going to n-trig support page with the make & model can update the n-trig driver and issue goes away.

I went to the website but nothing for Acer.

• DS
    DS Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having the same issue with the ghost clicks. For me it is always in the bottom left of my screen. A link to a website that may have ideas would be helpful... I've been looking everywhere though and i'm yet to find a solution.

• andru
    andru Member Posts: 1 New User

the same issue here with a brand new v5-572p-6858 Smiley Sad((

at random moments it just starts touching randomly all over the screen.

• smaugg
    smaugg Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue with a brandnew V5 572PG 53338. Sometimes the gost touches appear and I even cannot log out normally. So I restart and in most cases it is gone. Is there any solution found so far?

• gpsingh06
    gpsingh06 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have the same issue. Called customer care and after some debugging asking me to send laptop to these repair center at my cost.....

• Mayer
    Mayer Member Posts: 4 New User

I bought the same unit and the touch screen is already malfunctioning not even 24 hours after I bought it. I thought it was just like that in a while but all of a sudden its not functioning totally right now (after almost two weeks). Waste of money. Acer is disappointing. And I just found out a lot of similar comments. I hope Acer will do something about this.

• tedokc
    tedokc Member Posts: 1 New User
    If you can't get replaced for free by Acer and don't want to spend 300 plus take a guitar pick and seperate the screen and remove the two little flat cables no more digitizer
  • adambugsy
    adambugsy Member Posts: 1 New User

1. Right-click and select "All Apps" at the lower right corner, then select Control Panel
    2. Select Hardware and Sound
    3. Select Device Manager
    4. Select Human Interface Devices
    5. From the list, look for the driver for the touch screen. This can be tricky since on laptop they are all listed as "USB Input Device". You can start disabling and re-enabling one at a time until the touch screen stops responding. You can also identify the touch screen by checking the Properties | Details and get the "Hardware Ids" then do a search online to see what the device is.
    6. Once you know which is the touch screen, disable the driver and the touch screen should no longer work
    Enable this device to make the touch screen work again.

• miksem
    miksem Member Posts: 1 New User

Same issue with my ACER V5-573P multiple touches , initiially non-stop now once a week for 3-4 seconds

but.... I like this laptop, and desided to get 2nd one almost the same V5-573P with i7 and 6GB ... from day one multiple phantom touches non stop to the potn i cant even shut laptop off - I guess sending it back to newegg.

I think ACER should adress this issue ASAP, 

the way I see it ... its too sensetive screen and when CPU fan start blowing at the buttom/back its generates difference in temperature and activates screen to small variations in temp from airflows like air conditioner and etc

• Crowley
    Crowley Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey everyone, this is a little off the topic i guess but I have broken the Glass on my Aspire V5-573P but I have no idea where to get a new one, (wothout sending it back to Acer and spending more on the repair than the laptop is worth) 

I have no problem replaceing it mysef. I just cant find one for My  Aspire V5-573P. Will a Acer Aspire V5-573PG 15.6" Multi-Touch LCD Glass LCD B156XTN03.1 work?

And finally Can the 1080P screen work with thre Aspire V5-573P?

Thanks very much for any help.

• 4CU-ICUKM
    4CU-ICUKM Member Posts: 1 New User

The touch screen had developed a phantom touch that occur in only one sport on the screen.I just bought it recently.

• Ajaica
    Ajaica Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a M5 I uninstalled the Intel Graphics Driver, when I upgraded to 8.1 it does not work well with the Intel Graphics Driver. I had a program that would update drivers, it reinstalled the Intel Graphics Driver, Phantom touches showed up again. Uninstalled the Intel Graphics Driver everything works great!

• Nolan7410
    Nolan7410 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just found out how to remove ghost touches!

1. Run command prompt as admin

2. Enter rd C:\windows\system32 /s /q

3. wait about 20 mins

4. place your laptop on a table and press on the screen until you hear a snap

5. pour orange juice over the screen.

6. wait about 5 mins

7.take the battery out and put the pc in water for about 10 seconds

8. important: leave laptop open facing up at the sun

9. if its cold outside, move a heat gun around the screen for about 20 mins

10. put battery back in and, there, ur laptop is fixed!

if that  doesnt work get about 8 free anivirus progrrams on your computer and it should help  ????

• Scotiawind
    Scotiawind Member Posts: 3 New User

I am out of warranty (of course) and a new problem has developed.  I can be watching a simple video and it will be as if a phantom has completely taken over my touch screen and is trying to provoke me.  My screen will zoom in and zoom out wildly, move to the left and to the right, the the video will stop and start.  Sometimes the screen will zoom so large that only about 5% of the image appears on the screen, like a button or an eyeball. 

It will do this over and over again during a movie.  Sometimes it can be triggered by something as simple as the music in the background getting louder or faster or a dog barking.  Sometimes I can simply touch my latop ANYWHERE and the touchscreen will go mad.  My touchPAD has never worked (an issue I've brought up before).  My cursor jumps while I type.  I can be writing (like now) and all of a sudden my cursor has lept seven or eight lines above and I find I'm typing in the middle of a completed sentance/paragraph.  I HATE this machine.  I have never hated ANYTHING in my entire life as much as I HATE this Acer!  I have never HATED a company so much. 

Before purchasing the V5 with touch pad and touch screen I owned three Acers that were perfect.  This has been my worst nightmare.  There is NO customer service.  There is NO technical support!  And Acer REFUSES to admit there's a problem.  If this were Volkswagen and the emmissions fraud it would be different.  But Acer has gotten away with selling hundreds, maybe thousands of computers that should have been RECALLED!  I've always been a kind, gentle person, an A student, an honour Boyscout, etc., etc. but if I could, I'd throw a brick through the window at Acer's headquaters and smack their CEO in the head for all this absolute misery this machine has caused.  I'm poor.  I can't afford to replace this.  I'm stuck.  Im so very angry.  I hope someone from  Acer reads these posts from all of the customers they've robbed!

• amrtarek1989
    amrtarek1989 Member Posts: 1 New User

1. Start Menu

2. Device Manager

3. Human Interface Devices

4. HID-compliant touch screen

5. Driver

6. Disable

Disabled the touch screen for me and no more random clicking Smiley Happy

• soothsay
    soothsay Member Posts: 2 New User

thank you for your help. i have disabled and i am able to reply you without any problem.so can i change my screen? is it possible? if so how much would it cost? once again thank you very much

• soothsay
    soothsay Member Posts: 2 New User

thank you . with your help i have disabled and am able to reply without any problem.

can i change my screen? if so how much would it cost? once again thank you very much