Can't install Dolby Home Theater after upgrading to windows 10

And1793
And1793 Member Posts: 3 New User

HI, I have an Acer v3 572g.  I upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10. Everything is working fine except that the upgrading process completely removed the Dolby Home Theatre application and its drivers and automatically installed the Realtek high definition drivers, after I found out about it, I tried some tips I found online , this is what I did: Downloaded the audio drivers from the Acer website, uninstalled the default audio drivers then, I installed the acer drivers followed the installation process restarted my computer after that, I try to run the DolbyHomeTheater installer found in the PCEE4 folder but after I open the setup file it says: DHT cannot be installed. it doesn't explain why it cannot be installed whatsoever. I can't get this app installed no matter what I do, I've tried different things like installing and uninstalling multiple times, running the setup in compability mode... I don't know what to do nowSmiley Sad Any help will be very appreciated. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

download this Realtek drivers:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=startdown&id=1654

run the exe, when it ask where to extract add \realtek to the string, so it will create a Realtek folder, browse inside and run the setup.exe

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • And1793

Hi! Thanks for your reply, I did exactly what you suggested but it didn't work for me. I'm able to install the audio drivers but when I try to run the Dolby Home Theater setup, it gives the same error "DHT cannot be installed" I now tried running the setup in troubleshoot compability mode it says: "Settings applied: Windows compability mode: Skip version check.Then, I click on test program but get the "DHT cannot be installed" error.After that, Windows compabilty troubleshoot asks me whether the problem is fixed or not, I click "no" then it says: "issues found: Incompatible program: DolbyHomeTheater is incompatible." But the odd thing is I'm able to install Dolby Advanced Audio v2 and not DHT v4,

I don't know if this is an issue with Windows 10 and Dolby, Acer or both are working on it or something went wrong during the upgrading process...

• IronFly

So strange...i don't have other suggestion at the moment.

some users fixed the issue using this drivers, others not....windows 10 is still a fresh OS, let's wait a little.

• And1793
    Thanks for your help mate! I'll have to be patient Smiley Happy
  • IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy