Aspire 7750G Win7 to Win10 drivers

Naitzyrk
Naitzyrk Member Posts: 6 New User

Good day,

I saw that my laptop is not in the list posted in the Acer support for Win10. Though I want to ask if the drivers of Win7 will work with the new OS.

I also read somewhere, that I would have a month to try this out and if I don't like it I could reverse it, is that correct?

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Chris

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

having newer drivers, for sure is the best choice; so if you can, download new drivers from third party sites.

by the way you can try to install without new drivers and check if windows installs automatically new drivers (if connected to web) or gives you some warning on update drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

correct on 1 month of trial then you can revert.

about drivers, you update installing windows 8 drivers or let windows install the newest drivers available or search it by yourself on various hardware manufacters.

• Naitzyrk

So there would be no conflict with the drivers in my laptop? Even though my Laptop isn't in the list of supported acer products for Win10, will my drivers be combatible or work with the new OS? Or will I have to download them from a third party site?

I didn't understand your reply so well, excause me for that.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

having newer drivers, for sure is the best choice; so if you can, download new drivers from third party sites.

by the way you can try to install without new drivers and check if windows installs automatically new drivers (if connected to web) or gives you some warning on update drivers.

• Naitzyrk

OK, perfect.

And what about the list? What does it really mean not being listed there?

• IronFly

That Acer will never have windows 10 drivers for your device.

• Naitzyrk

Will that be a problem for my laptop or could it be a problem in the future?

• IronFly

i don't think it's a problem now and neither in the future.

• Rcmaps
    Rcmaps Member Posts: 18 New User

"...I also read somewhere, that I would have a month to try this out and if I don't like it I could reverse it, is that correct?..."

I can confirm that based on my experience, I was able to revert back to my previous Windows 8.1 anytime - I didn't have to wait one month.

I had to revert as my latest model ACER Aspire V17 Nitro (model VN7-791G) laptop with Win 8.1 pre-installed upgraded to Windows 10 but none of the bluetooth drivers for Broadcomm worked rendering all bluetooth devices useless.

As a matter of interest, I upgraded - reverted back to Windows 8.1 about 3 times so far testing different ideas and drivers each time.  Right now back to old Windows 8.1.

Just make sure you have a good back up of data before upgrading.  To revert, just go to the Windows Update screen and go to Recovery - there should be an option to revert.

Good luck.

• Naitzyrk

So you would suggest to just give it a go and see what happens, right?

• Rcmaps
    Rcmaps Member Posts: 18 New User

Well, in my case, the Windows 10 installation appears to have made a system image of my system prior to upgrade and I returned to exactly the same state I was in prior to upgrade. 

Just to be sure, just backup your data somewhere before attempting the upgrade.

• Naitzyrk

Perfect, many thanks!

• jerone
    jerone Member Posts: 1 New User

Naitzyrk Did you succeed upgrading to Windows 10 without problems?