Brand new AspireE15 makes a little grinding sound every once a while, from lower left corner

imp3rial13
imp3rial13 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

So, after a couple of days of using my brand-new acer aspire e15 (nvidia 840m, intel i3) I started noticing a little "rumble" sound every once a while, a little click that can be heard approximately once every two minutes or sometimes even more often (expecially when putting more acrtion into CPU). No luck getting any help online, it doesn't seem to be a hard-drive failure sound or anything that serious, sound more like the fan hits something while starting up, at least from what I could gather without opening it up. Should I just contact the warranty service right a way or maybe it's supposed to be like this? Any help appreciated.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

There is no moving parts in the lower left corner.This is a hard one to diagnose without actually having it in your hands.

Did you check if you left a CD in the drive? If I heard a rumble and clicking in mine, I would think HDD.I know a few days use isn't enough to get a lot of dust in it, but maybe something got into the cooling in packing, etc. Try blowing out the intake and exaust ports all the way through and see if anything comes out.

• imp3rial13
    imp3rial13 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Tried the compressed air. Nothing really changed. Could be a faulthy bearring of the fan which is still my Nr.1 suspected part. Guess I'll contact the warranty service within the next month.

• dunhillben
    dunhillben Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi, I have the same issue with my Aspire E15 but the ticking sound are on my lower right corner. Smiley Sad