Dolby home theatre not working after upgrade

Antbor
Antbor Member Posts: 2 New User

I have upgraded my Acer Aspire v5-572 to windows 10 and I noticed that the Dolby Home Teatre v4 is not working.

Is there someone and tell me how to fix this because the sound is horible without th Dolby home theatre?

thanks in advance

tony

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Download this:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=1591

(100% trustable website)

run the exe and let files extract, browse in the new folder and run setup.exe

check if Dolby issue is fixed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Antbor
    Antbor Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks very much the problem is now fixed as I had to install the new Realtec Audio Driver that has the new version of the Home Theatre.

Regards to all

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• smegatron
    smegatron Member Posts: 15 New User

IronFly wrote:

Download this:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=1591

(100% trustable website)

run the exe and let files extract, browse in the new folder and run setup.exe

check if Dolby issue is fixed.

How will this work with the Windows 10 automatic updates?  W10 will update drivers automatically so if we attempt to go back to older drivers that worked (e.g. in Windows 8.1) surely the software will only work for a matter of time before Windows downloads an updated (and uncompatible) driver and overrides it?

I had the same issue on my V3-571, along with massively increased boot up issues.  After a week of trying to fix a number of issues I went back to Windows 8.1 because I knew that everything would work flawlessly.  I can now use Dolby Home Theatre v4 and my laptop is back to booting up in sub 15 seconds again.

• IronFly

this is the most updated version of Realtek drivers 2.79, so windows update will not update it...or at least a new drivers release appears.

those drivers are for windows 10, not old compatible versions.

• smegatron
    smegatron Member Posts: 15 New User

IronFly wrote:

this is the most updated version of Realtek drivers 2.79, so windows update will not update it...or at least a new drivers release appears.

those drivers are for windows 10, not old compatible versions.

Thank you for clarifying.  Apologies if I'm being stupid, but if I updated the realtek driver to 6.0.1.7564 whilst on 8.1, if I decide to upgrade to 10 (again), there shouldn't be an issue with Dolby Home Theatre v4?  Or would the upgraded change it back the other version?

• IronFly

you can update using the link to Realtek 2.79, they works from windows 7 and up to 10; so no issues on upgrading to windows 10.

or if any issues arise (i doubt, but on  PC hardware nothing is 100% sure), simply re-install it.

• juliojD
    juliojD Member Posts: 32 New User

I try to install that driver... downloaded and executed and... nothing happen!!! what kind of driver was that!!! I 

can't find it!!!

• IronFly

have you run the setup inside the extracted folder from the exe you downloaded?

• bpatel1
    bpatel1 Member Posts: 22 New User
    After run setup dolby works. Its a new version. But it eat up my 40-50 gb space in c drive. While installing I noticed it scanned all my videos in laptop. How to free up this space.
    Please help.