Acer Aspire 5560 Dolby Advanced Audio driver issues after updating to Windows 10

Optimal1
Optimal1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

I have an Acer Aspire 5560. I updated to Windows 10 and now im getting the following message on start up.

The current Dolby audio driver is 7.2.8000.17 and the software application expects driver version 7.2.700.7. Please install a valid driver and software application combination.

Can any help with a fix for this?

Best Answer

Answers

• cam_wicked
    cam_wicked Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

The only driver that ever worked properly with Dolby was the driver for The V5-552G on windows 8 (not 8.1) This will work on your computer even if different model... the new driver on the Acer site for winodws 10 has not work either. So the one I´m using is: Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.6878_W8x64_A

To Download the Driver and Software needed Go to: http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

and Go: Ultra-Thin / Aspire / V5-552G

To get dolby to work:

1. Uninstall the current driver, and any software related to it (the dolby software)

2. restart

3. Install the driver for windows 8 (in my case it never installs dolby automatically, I´ll explain how to do it manually below)

4. Restart twice (yes, I always had to restart twice after the install otherwise manually installing dolby would not work and I got an error when trying to run the install)

5. In the driver folders you downloaded and unzipped go to the folder "PCEE4" and run "DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi"

6.If you dont get the "Install PCEE" error, restart and you should be able to enjoy dolby (when its not acting up). If you get the error then you may have not followed the instructions properly. Go back to step 1

Good luck

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

try this drivers too:

http://station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/func-startdown/1591/

100% trustable website.

double click on exe and then on the extracted folder, look for setup.exe and run it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FFG
    FFG Member Posts: 1 New User

IronFly's solution appears to have worked for my Aspire 5750 with the same message since Windows 10.

Really simple to use, it did all the uninstalling and rebooting itself, rather than me having to work out what to uninstall (sorry cam_wicked, your solution looked too complicated for me - this was great)

Thanks

PS New here so not sure whether I can/should 'Accept your Solution' as it wasn't my problem in the original post.

• kwflatbed
    kwflatbed Member Posts: 1 New User

Worked 100% with windows 10 Thank You  !!!

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

PS: only original poster can mark it as solution.

• chinura12
    chinura12 Member Posts: 2 New User

What is the driver name ?

• IronFly

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

tick accept and then on next page, download drivers 2.79, blue font.

install it

• chinura12
    chinura12 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi 

Thank you so much for solution. 

• choppersrock
    choppersrock Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Dont spose you could offer some help with  my acer aspire 5755g - it has the same error but I am at a loss of what to do as acer do not provide a driver for windows 10..

many thanks

• Reekum
    Reekum Member Posts: 2 New User

This part of the REALTEK site is not functional anymore. Your next tip worked fine for me today, also on my Aspire 5750G! Thanks.

• Reekum
    Reekum Member Posts: 2 New User

Works, also on my Aspire 5750G! Thanks.