Acer V 15 Nitro VN7 Webcam not Working

JanAndreasen
JanAndreasen Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

My webcam isn’t working. I have installed the Crystal Eye software and am told no webcam device is installed. I get the same message in Skype.

I have been in device manager and do not see a webcam there either. There is no unknown device that could be the webcam either.

I checked the BIOS and there is no way to disable or enable the webcam there. There is no FN button that seems to disable or enable the webcam.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

As the webcam is not displayed in the Device Manager as well, it seems that this is a hardware issue. To check this further, you are advised to contact your nearest Acer service center through the following link:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.

• enQuiLa
    enQuiLa Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey,

I have the exact same problem. Wierd that all of the sudden the webcam "disappeared".

Can't chat with Acer directly because it says my warranty isn't valid. Although I bought it 3 months ago. 

That was in Sweden so it might be the reason. Who knows?

Anyway. Have you solved the problem? I have tried everything. Trying some other helpchat now.

/ Chris

• enQuiLa
    enQuiLa Member Posts: 2 New User

Ok so I found the problem and will try explain translated from Swedish.

In Control Panel there is Debug or Troubleshoot.

The second option there is Hardware and sound.

Klick on Konfigure a unit. (First option)

The troubleshooter search will find a "Mobile 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM)" controller of some sort and install it when prompted and it worked fine again without a restart even.

• GlitchyRichy
    GlitchyRichy Member Posts: 1 New User

That actually worked for me, thanks fam! Smiley Very Happy