E-series blue screen and crash. Not booting

Dancinhero
Dancinhero Member Posts: 5 New User
Hello. I was playing dota 2 today when suddenly a blue screen showed up i didnt get enough time to read the error. After that my lapto shut down..i tried to turn it on but nothing shows..there is one fan that works at full speed for 5 seconds and then stops working.

Things i tried:
-removing battery for an hour
-holding power button for 30 seconds
-removing battery and power with charger.

When the blue screen showed after few seconds the screen got weird and it shut down on its own.

Please help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

need laptop model and installed OS.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dancinhero
    Oh windows 8 OS and it says on the back of my laptop model number : V5WE2
  • IronFly

can you try to boot connect to an external monitor?

if you press ALT+F10 at boot, are you able to enter windows recovery?

• Dancinhero
    I have tried as well using HDMI and tried going into boot. But i end up taking it into a computer shop. And he said it might be a graphics card error or ACU i think? Not so sure but he said he will investigate it and give me a call in the morning. He also said it was over heated because there is no external fans to cool the back of the laptop that might caused some damage..im really sad -_-
  • IronFly

about external fans.....it depends if you put the laptop on a soft surface, this can kill airflow.

• Dancinhero
    XD yeah. One more question what do you think this problem is? And can it be fixed without damaging my files
  • IronFly

you can recover your files if you take off the laptop HDD and put it in an external HDD dock bay, then connect to another PC to make a backup.

• Dancinhero
    The tech guy ensured me my files are safe. Im still waiting him to call me and tell me whats wrong..could it be my AMD radeon graphics card?
  • IronFly

if you overheated can be the AMD graphic card, CPU or some motherboard parts.