Acer Iconia A200, poor network coverage error, won't update

lillienorris
lillienorris Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

I have the Acer Iconia A200 tablet and I'm trying to make sure that it is updated. It has become very slow. When I go to check for software updates I receive the error: "Network Coverage - Network coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue." When I first started receiving this error, I only had 2 signal bars on my WIFI so I moved to the room that my WIFI is located in. I had full signal and still received the same error. I did a factory restore on it and went through the setup process and still received the same error. I can get online, download games, etc. Granted watching things like Netflix or anything it is extremely slow and takes a very long time to load. I brought the tablet with me to work today to see if maybe it is just something with my WIFI. I logged into our network here and I am still receiving the same network coverage error. Please help! Thank you in advance!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it's an error message about Acer server not reachable.

simply Acer shutted down the old update servers, so now the only way to update or check the latest version, is using the Acer support website:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4005;-;A200

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • noeleo
    noeleo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I realize this is three years old, but I was wondering why I can't find something later for software. Is this an end of life thing? My image is
    <Acer_AV041_A200_1.073.00_PA_CUS1> Is this the last update?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, they haven't updated those models in years, and will not update them any longer.                                  
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TommyBa
    TommyBa Member Posts: 1 New User
    I downloaded the zip file but don't know how to run it on the tablet. Do I copy it to a Micro SD Card? If so, what's next?
  • billsey
    You should place the zip file in the root directory of a SD card that's formatted FAT32. It will be recognized when you boot into diagnostic mode and will give you the option of installing it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ProphetPX
    ProphetPX Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2019
    hi. i have this exact same issue with my own Acer A200 Iconia tablet too.  But i do not know how to "fastboot" or how to "enter recovery mode" or how to do any of that?
    i am a newbie to tablets and i do not have a cell phone, so some of these instructions are very new and very greek to me.  Can anyone help explain it a bit better, for a newbie? I barely know how to use my tablet but it is so very slow and i need to fix that. And it is not upgrading for me.
    Thank you.

• billsey
    @ProphetPX yeah, they are very similar to what you find on a cell phone, but often tweaked just enough to be confusing. IIRC you can get into recovery mode by pressing and holding the power button along with either the volume up or volume down button (those buttons change function between portrait mode and landscape mode). After a while the screen will come up with tiny text, similar to the old DOS windows and give you a menu. You move up and down through the menu with the volume buttons and select a line with the power button.
    What specifically are you running into? If it's just the "Network Coverage" error just ignore it. It has no effect other than to tell you that the update servers went away several years ago.