Acer aspire v5 running slow :-(( acer aspire v5 122p-0408.)

Peacelovetera
Peacelovetera Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello to those who are reading this. I purchased an acer aspire v5 122p-0408. It is slow like a snail!! What do I need to do?
I want to delete all the apps it came with. I read somewhere else that I should delete mcafee as well..Should I restore it to factory settings? How do I do that anyway?
I have not downloaded anything besides google chrome.& firefox. I thought Internet explorer was just slow but it's obviously that's not all..i also downloaded iTunes which is a problem in itself. I would appreciate the help please ... Before i attempt to do these things on my own lol.

Thank you in advance
Tera

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Tera

The slow running of your computer might be a software or an hardware issue.

Firstly, reformat & reinstall Windows. To do this, type Acer Recovery Management from the Start Screen (or press Windows key & "S" from the desktop).

Next select "Restore Factory Settings" and follow all on screen prompts. This will take quite a while to run.

Just remember to back up any documents/pictures firstly.

Once Windows has finished installing, remove any programs you wish by going to control panel > Programs & features. If you can't find Control Panel, use the search method as mentioned above, but type "Uninstall a program"

If after everything, the computer is still slow, then it may point to an hardware issue. Contact Acer support for your region for further help.

• joshua13
    joshua13 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there

i have just spoken to a guy at know how (p c world) basically there isnt enough ram on this note book to work properly with windows 8. you need a minimum ram of 4 g to run windows 8. on opening up the pc the video takes half a gig from your original 4 gig so only leaving you 3.5 gig. this is your problem. ive had the same problem and the answer he gave me was buy more ram and it should b a lot better. but it is a brand new machine. so they have designed a machine that isnt much cop.

• mdennis1974
    mdennis1974 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have just purchase the V5-122p AMD A4. Once I turned the machine on and ran all the updates it was nearly impossible to type a single sentence and surfing the internet was pointless. I looked on other forums and removed McAfee and all other programs that I did not require in Task Manager. Still I had slow response issues and CPU maxing out all the time. I then went into Task Manager/Performance, then clicked on Resource Manager at the bottom. My CPU was at 98% constant but I could see a file called Lrcnta.exe running. I clicked on the Associated Handles and it was full of Lrcnta.exe trying too open. This file was included in one of the updates related to a Smart Shopper (snap.do) a file I do not remember downloading. Once I removed this my CPU dropped drastically and my machine is running considerably faster as is now usable (it nearly went in the bin!) I currently have 4 IE sessions open as i type this and my CPU is around 65-75% I could barely open google before. Anyways, I hope this helps you fix your problem.

• daveyk01
    daveyk01 Member Posts: 2 New User

Got one tonight from Walmart on Black Friday.  I waited 1 hour 45 minutes in one spot to get this for $199.00.  Out of the box it is that sliggish as to be unuseable.  I uninstalled Mcafee and that helps but now it is unprotected.

Tomorrow, I guess I will return it ans never get another Acer product again.  How can they sell a laptop that is un-useable??

Yikes, yet another reaon to allways avoid any product with an AMD chip in it.

• daveyk01
    daveyk01 Member Posts: 2 New User

CPU is almost always 100% utilizee and there is not one aoo in particular using it.  This is just a piece of ***** brand new.  I am fixing the problem by returning it tomorrow and avoiding ACER products.  This was not sold as a Netbook, but it should have been.  There was not one for demo and I really had ni idea what I was buying in Black Thursday,  Ughhhh!!

• rafaelherrera
    rafaelherrera Member Posts: 2 New User

i have alot of steps to really help out and i've had the same problem and now its at  an optimal speed so:

1: open up start and click run and in the box type in: %temp% after that enter and delete all that next you want to do the same thing exept type in: prefetch instead of %temp%, it will ask you to get permission just click continue or whetever to continue then delete all that. thats it for the deleting part now go to start and type in: disk cleaner then click the icon that says: free up space by deleting unecessary files then in the desktop a window will appear, just wait until it changes to another window that has check marks on it and check all that is avalible there and hit delete files then wait. what that entire thing just do was remove alot of junk files that your computer kept for no reason

2: go to your battery icon, click it and go to power settings then click adjust for best preformance. NOTE: it will use up more battery power and if you dont like that then keep it at what you already have it at

3: go to your libraries and right click the computer icon and hit properties, it will take you to the control panel go to the right side and find advanced system settings and click on that then click on settings in the preformance catagory and then choose the adjust for best preformance and none of those check boxes should be checked then keep it at that or cusomize it but keep in mind that the fewer boxes checked the better.

thats all for now you should see a huge change in preformance as i did if you still need more i have alot more tips but thats all for now hope it works

• nabilz02
    nabilz02 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi. i also bought the same laptop like all of you here. also same problem occured. my acer aspire  so slow. i dont know what to do

• Denise2
    Denise2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same here I bought and Acer aspire ES1-512 laptop from Wal-Mart. It it's so slow. And I don't know what to do either
  • TOYTOY
    TOYTOY Member Posts: 2 New User
    Acer laptop slow ? Wat can u do ?   Throw the bloody thing in the bin.   That's what I did to my Acer laptop, having wasted many hours on all the 'fixes' that should have made it work properly.  ACER = *****.
  • Davidden119
    Davidden119 Member Posts: 2 New User
    first, you need to install  Ccleaner and clean your computer and install Hitmanpro and run a full scan it deletes malware, spyware and junks file from your computer.
    Upgrading your RAM You have to upgrade your ram for better performance.
     Disk defragment
    Go to startup button-> All programs,->Accessories-> System Tools-> disk-defrag. this will organize your files on your hard-drive so that they are easier for the hard-drive to access and produce faster speeds.
    Edit your performance
    Click the Start button and select “System.” Click “Advanced System Settings”on the left and click the “Settings” button under Performance. 
    Choose “Adjust for best performance” under Visual Effects to disable all the animations, or select “Custom” and disable the individual animations if you don’t want to see or you can select for better performance. To know more visit https://fixingblog.com/e-machine-computer-super-slow/
  • sohibsanam
    sohibsanam Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same problem but there is nothing i can do.. 
  • Roger1014
    Roger1014 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I got the same problem with my acer laptop.
    Facing issue while connecting my wireless extender
  • Roger1014
    Roger1014 Member Posts: 2 New User
    MYWIFIEXT i have the same problem but there is nothing i can do.. 
  • TonyBillion
    TonyBillion Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same Issue, and the computer was unusable for over a year. Having read the above, I disabled the Windows Defender and installed Bitdefender. After a few hours, the CPU resourced used dropped from 97% to around 50%.
    The computer now is fully usable, and my seven year old son is delighted, as youtube now plays without a hitch, the screen being lovely and the sound ample.
    Will be using the laptop to further my campaign against scams on bit.ly/SevenStepScam 
  • Danieldeef
    Danieldeef Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer is a good brand with the valuable processor it usually not give problem but when we install third party Applications or Allow the pop up that cause your device start giving such kind of problems.
  • robert9711
    robert9711 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also once faced this issue. My acer aspire v5 was running slow. I contact tech support number of geek squad. The team helped me very well with the issue.
  • poojaroyy
    poojaroyy Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information.

[Edited to remove inappropriate web links - Acer-David]
  • fryansao
    fryansao Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got the same problem with my acer laptop.
    Facing issue while connecting my Netgear extender setup.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited October 2019

We want to inform you that it is necessary to create a new question/topic in the corresponding forum to improve your visibility to the public where you can receive better attention and answer to your question.

Note: We will be closing this thread due to the age of creation. 

Regards,
    Acer-karp 
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
This discussion has been closed.