Aspire s7-392 fn keys not working: airplane mode and switch displays

orielDave
orielDave Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

I've read some posts about other fn keys not working, but can't find anything about these two (fn+q and fn+e). I just reinstalled windows 8.1 (and am running dual boot ubuntu) and now these two keys have no effect. 

Does anyone know which drivers are responsible? Or have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Ya, if you look in the applications section of our Drivers and Manuals, you can download the Acer Launch Manager. Good place to start, but I'm not 100% on what software is required for the keystrokes, and not all software can be downloaded (due to royalties and other legal issues).

Answers

• Cory-Acer

Hi orielDave,

FN+Q toggles Wifi, while FN+E toggle the backlight of your display.

With the modifications you've done, I dont' know if something has caused an issue but a lot of the FN keys are controlled by firmware/software. All of the drivers that we have available can be found on our support site. http://www.acer.com -> Support -> Drivers and Manuals (be sure to select your OS after you've selected your product)

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• orielDave

Hi Cory,

Thanks a lot for your help. I think in my reinstallation I may have lost some of the Acer software that came pre-installed on the machine. I have heard mention of "Acer Launch Manager", which I was never aware of before -- might this be relevant? Do you know how I can obtain this / other Acer software?

I've checked the drivers as you suggested but can't see anything that would be responsible for the problems I'm having.

Thanks again.

D

• Cory-Acer
    Answer ✓

Ya, if you look in the applications section of our Drivers and Manuals, you can download the Acer Launch Manager. Good place to start, but I'm not 100% on what software is required for the keystrokes, and not all software can be downloaded (due to royalties and other legal issues).

• orielDave

Awesome, installed Launch Manager and the keys worked straight away. I couldn't see it in the applications section until I selected windows 8.1 OS.

Thanks a lot!

• Cory-Acer

Excellent. Glad to hear its working the way you need it to, and thanks for sharing.

• zeexui
    zeexui Member Posts: 10 New User

Similar issue here with E5-473G. I downgraded from Win8 to Win7. Then the Fn+F3 no longer work. The Launch manager in the support site doesn't support Win7. I obtain a launch manager for acer from other sites, installed it but nothing happened. Wifi still with red x. The Atheros Qualcome aapter is enabled its under Airplane mode. Is there anyway cmd command to turn off this airplane mode?

• belyseh
    belyseh Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the same issue (fn+Q and fn+E do not work). However, when I go to the drivers for my S7-392 running windows 10 64 bit, there is no Acer Launch Manager listed. Do you know where I can find this driver?