Problem with Fn+F6 to shut down display on Acer Aspire 5520

elcama
elcama Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5520-5163 (I also own an Acer Aod150). I had Windows XP and now have Windows 7 on both. Since moving to Windows 7 I have lost use of the Fn+F6 function to turn the display off. I have installed several Launch Manager programs and it hasn't worked. Also when I was changing the NVIDIA drivers I momentarily regained use of this but now lost it again. I have searched the web and found nothing. I really used this in the last 6 years I had this PC. On the other Acer it works fine. I don't know if it's the video drivers (If I uninstall them Windows installs them again right away) or what may be the problem but I'd really really appreciate any help. Or some other way to turn off and on the display by a combination of keys. I used Turn Off LCD program but I want something that can be turned on and off with combination of keys. If it's Fn+F6 better.

Kind regards

Fernando

Best Answer

• elcama
    elcama Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓

Hi, sorry it took me so long to answer. The link you provided was for a 64 bit operating system and mine was 32 bits (which I think I didn't mention). It seems the problem was some malware or something because yesterday Microsoft Security Essentials detected some Hack and after removing it I can gladly say I can use Fn+F6 again! Thanks anyway

Answers