Acer Aspire R14 keyboard is loose

kenjiandkatheri
kenjiandkatheri Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had a problem with my aspire R14 laptop since first getting it a month ago.  When I press a key in a certain are of the keyboard the whole keyboard bounces up and down.  The problems is most noticible on the 7,8,9,u,i,o keys and is less noticible on the keys around those keys.  It is hard to type because those keys respond differently. If I press down on the laptop case above the keyboard all those keys respond just like the other keys.  So I think the problem is that the keyboard and/or case are not secured well in that area.  Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you're within the return Window where you bought it, You should return it for another one or you can contact Acer for warranty repair.http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• albatross666
    albatross666 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a somewhat similar issue. The case is not secured and the plastics on the top part of the keyboard rattle with keystrokes - loud enough that other students complained about the noise. Its in repair with Acer for the SECOND time. The first time they sent it back saying that they could not diagnose the issue, even though I provided a video! I have only owned it for 2 months, and its probably been with ACER and to/from shipping for over a month. Don't have a fix, but if it comes back repaired, I will send you the notes from the repair.

• Auskara
    Auskara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any update on this issue? As I too am intrigued.
  • albatross666
    albatross666 Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer support managed to tape/glue/screw whatever was loose.