Does the Acer Aspire One Model AO532h have a bluetooth adapter?

Alibaddy
Alibaddy Member Posts: 6 New User

The bluetooth key is on the keyboard, but when that fubnction is pressed, it reports "No Device".

Best Answer

• Alibaddy
    Answer ✓

I downloaded a hardware device finder from the Acer site, and it also failed to find any Bluetooth device. When you hit the function and bluetooth key combination, the message "No Device" pops up.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

It should. Click support at the top of this page. Click your country. Click support, then drivers & manuals. Select netbook and find your model. Download and install either the Win7 or WinXP broadcom bluetooth driver. Report back with your results.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Alibaddy

Forgive me, but I am new to forums. I couldn't find a place to click support at the top of the page. Can you please educate me? Thanks.

• Alibaddy

I finally found Support, and click my country and then clicked support, then drivers & manuals. But, there was no option to select a netbook. I did follow one of the other links, and downloaded the Broadcom driver for the AO532h which is the model number, but then the driver reported "No Bluetooth Hardware found".

• JackE

There are 2 different bluetooth drivers. One for WinXP(5.5.0.8200) operating system and one for Win7 operating system(8.2.1.600). Which operating system do you have? You can  also go to the United States site to download the correct driver. If the correct driver still reports no bluetooth device, then go to Control Panel and search for Device Manager. Device Manager should list the bluetooth device hardware if it exists on your AO732h and if there is a problem with it.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Alibaddy

I have Win7 starter, which came on this netbook, which is a AO532h. Device manager makes no mention of bluetooth radios, and I tried the wizard to find new hardware. I am increasingly convinced that this unit doesn't have bluetooth, and simply sues a generic keyboard, which unfortunately has a key for bluetooth.

• Alibaddy
    Answer ✓

I downloaded a hardware device finder from the Acer site, and it also failed to find any Bluetooth device. When you hit the function and bluetooth key combination, the message "No Device" pops up.

• JackE

I just checked the specs listed on the internet for one my other Acer netbook models. These specs claim it has bluetooth hardware installed. But I know for a fact that it doesn't. Either the specs are wrong about having bluetooth or some but not all had bluetooth installed.

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• marcmag
    marcmag Member Posts: 2 New User

Is there an Acer part number and price available for the Bluetooth module?

Is it a second module in addition to the Wi-Fi or does it replace it with a combination Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo?

-- MM

• JackE

This module *allegedly* fits the AO532h. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZI3O2Y/?tag=babyprod04-20

At a price of $6 with free shipping, it might be worth a try to answer all your questions. No guarantees though. 8^)

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• marcmag
    marcmag Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, Jack: For about the same price as an add-on USB bluetooth, this is worth a shot. I see a couple of unsued sockets in the bay where the Wi-Fi adapter is nested.

• 3-7
    3-7 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Do you know if this adapter actually fits? Also where does it go in the pc?
  • JackE

I'm fairly sure it will, but no guarantees. You will likely have to remove the bottom cover (~6 screws) in order to nest the module and insert the cable into the motherboard. From my experience with the Aspire Ones, it should be fairly intuitive from its size and cable end as to where it will go.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ