Aspire V3-572 dolby digital plus stopped working

Catmaster
Catmaster Member Posts: 2 New User

Description of the issue: 

Dolby digital plus is no longer working as it used to.

Description of actions:

I had two chrome windows open, and I was watching a show in one. I paused it to watch something in the other window, and when I went back to the show, the sound was back to the low quality heard when dolby isn't on. I pulled up dolby, and saw it was on. However, the equalizer scales weren't moving to the audio, and the sound quality was still poor. Upon further listening, there is a minute change when dolby is turned on, but it's not the incredible difference I'd been experiencing earlier. 

What I've done to muddle through the issue:

-Restarted the PC, hoping the switch between browser windows had confused dolby. No luck there.

-Checked Windows update to see if a driver or update had gone through recently-nothing.

-Looked at the the drivers. Seems there's only one speaker driver, RealTek High Definition Audio, ver. 6.0.1.7300. It dates back to July, which I'm assuming is when the laptop was packaged. Weirdly, that's also the latest update from Acer, though Acer lists it as being updated November.

Muh laptop:

Aspire V3-572-51TR, purchased a month ago, most non-critical Windows updates ignored, not much else done to it.

Edit: Now it's working on some things but not others.

Best Answer

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi...

It seems to be something with the audio driver. The dolby software is included in the factory shipped audio driver. In order t o fix this issue, you may try reinstalling the audio driver on the laptop. Here are the steps:

Press and hold the Windows key and then press the C key to open Charms.

Click on Search and type "Recovery".

Click on 'Acer Recovery Management'.

Select Reinstall Drivers or Applications.

Select Content and choose the audio codec and proceed to install it.

In case you are unable to install this driver, you may go to Device Manager and open "Audio, video and game controllers" and uninstall the current audio driver.

Then follow the above steps to install the audio driver. It will work..

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi...

It seems to be something with the audio driver. The dolby software is included in the factory shipped audio driver. In order t o fix this issue, you may try reinstalling the audio driver on the laptop. Here are the steps:

Press and hold the Windows key and then press the C key to open Charms.

Click on Search and type "Recovery".

Click on 'Acer Recovery Management'.

Select Reinstall Drivers or Applications.

Select Content and choose the audio codec and proceed to install it.

In case you are unable to install this driver, you may go to Device Manager and open "Audio, video and game controllers" and uninstall the current audio driver.

Then follow the above steps to install the audio driver. It will work..

• sznoctis
    sznoctis Member Posts: 3 New User

I had same problem after recovery to laptop's factory state . I went through sound all opitions & I even try restart laptop ..it didn't work .... .. after hour trying I managed get dolby working again

• Catmaster
    Catmaster Member Posts: 2 New User

That appears to have done it, thanks!

• MattSharp
    MattSharp Member Posts: 3 New User

Did what was suggested, ended uphaving no dolby digital installed, couldn't install manually due to error (PCEE needs installing (owtte))