BIOS Downgrade?

HusamN34
HusamN34 Member Posts: 16 New User

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire VN7-791G notebook and I have upgraderd the BIOS firmware from 1.07 to 1.11 (latest)

Now the system feels kind of unstable, sometimes it freezes for a few seconds while opening programs, videos, games, while multi-tasking, etc.

I also got 2 blue screens of death, never had any BSODs since purchase and i haven't done anything differently before and after the upgrade, the reason i have upgraded is simply because i like to keep my devices updated all the time and it is the only thing i have updated recently.

Is there anyway i can downgrade to 1.07?

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

I doubt you will able to downgrade, since in the BIOS flasher there's a version check.

by the way, have you already try to load BIOS default settings?

F2 at boot to enter BIOS, then in the last tab there's a setting that will load the factory default BIOS settings, do it and then save and exit.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • HusamN34

Oh bummer, i actually just checked if there's FW 1.07 listed to download and it's not anyways.

I will try reseting the BIOS, and if it doesn't solve anything, i will come back to this thread so we can determine if it's from the BIOS upgrade or something else.

Thank you!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

I think you should use version 1.10

I downgraded the BIOS on an Acer desktop a couple nights ago and didn't have any problem.

But then again, my BIOS is flashed via DOS.  I see yours is an application.  Someone found a workaround for the version check:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Aspire-V3-772G-BIOS-downgrade/m-p/305412#U305412

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • HusamN34

Hey that worked! i successfully downgraded to 1.10

And some users were actually reporting that they were having problems with 1.11 also, one of them said that the fans were constantly spinning fast, that was the problem i also had, now it seems better.

Thank you so much!!

cheers