Acer V5-552G Dolby digital plus home theater problem

RoldanLT
RoldanLT Member Posts: 4 New User

I updated all my Drivers using "Iobit driver booster 2" application.
I updated 7 outdated drivers successfully but I got this one problem.

" Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater
The current Dolby Digital Plus audio driver version is 7.6.3.1 and the
software application expects driver version 7.3.2.2. Please install a
valid driver and software application combination"
Attached screenshot.
upload_2014-11-17_5-50-51.png

Please advice how can I fix this, please.
Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you updated the audio drivers too, maybe you need to revert to a previous version, try to uninstall the latest and install this:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7027_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635170772108691728&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-552G&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RoldanLT

Yes, I downloaded that file already.

Ok, I will just intall it?

It might automatically overwrite the new version that just installed using Iobit Driver Booster?

• RoldanLT

I just rollback the specific driver "Realtek High Defination Audio" and "AMD High Defination Audio Device" using IObit Driver Booster to previous verion.

How can I verify it solve my problem?

• RoldanLT

Just an update:

I just rollback the specific driver "Realtek High Defination Audio" using IObit Driver Booster and it fixed my problem Smiley Happy

Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7246_Win8.1x64 the latest version is not yet compatible.

• rein013
    rein013 Member Posts: 5 New User

i got and now get this same error after running windows update to update whatever it updated to get this error . i see at the end of this thread , something about compatibility however that was in november and we are now in april so it would be nice to see a fix for this problem instead of just rolling back the driver as again windows update located this updated driver , so according to windows , this file should be compatible with my system . i however have the acer v5-473pg . 

any solutions yet acer ? it's been a while . 

thank you , and i'd rather not use older drivers and rather the newer drivers that microsoft recommends , that have been released for the product being updated . =)

thank you . 

also . will this error somehow limit the functionability of my system or can i just ignore the error and the system will function as intended ? getting deep here i know , but i don't mind pressing okay to this popup since i rarely restart my system and i only get the error popup when the system has been restarted . 

or is a fix in the works and what does this error even mean in layman terms besides the system expecting an outdated driver ? please elaborate . 

thank you . 

• ngc224m31
    ngc224m31 Member Posts: 4 New User

Have the same issue:

Dolby digital plus audio driver is 7.6.3.1 and the software application expects driver 7.3.2.2. Please install a valid driver and software combo.

pls fix

acer you should have a mechanism to update the dolby software.

[inappropriate content removed]

• ngc224m31

Dolby digital plus audio driver is 7.6.3.1 and the software application expects driver 7.3.2.2. Please install a valid driver and software combo. same issue need dolby software update

why do u not have one.

• crumblenaut
    crumblenaut Member Posts: 1 New User

Fixed it!

----------------------------------------

Summary:

- Uninstall your existing Dolby software

- Download the newer Dolby enhancement software from Toshiba at http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4005733

- Install that software - if it works, you'll have the Dolby icon in your system tray and the same blue EQ presets panel back.

- If the installer from Toshiba doesn't complete successfully, double click on and run the DolbyDigitalPlusAA.msi file found in the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Temp\OS2014264A_TC00582200D.temp\ folder.  Obviously put your user name in place of YOURUSERNAMEHERE.  That should complete without any issues and your system tray icon should be back.

----------------------------------------

Narrative:

I encountered and resolved this problem today after a Windows Update within 8.1.  I'm actually on an Acer M5-583P-6637 but we had the same error so the solution's the same.

Go to http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4005733 and download the current version of the Dolby software from Toshiba.  Run the program once it's downloaded and let it install.  This might work for you.

I originally ran this on my system with the error message still on-screen, and the installer for the Dolby software never actually started.  I had to browse to my user account's temp folder at

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Temp\OS2014264A_TC00582200D.temp

and run the DolbyDigitalPlusAA.msi file on its own.  It prompted me to uninstall the current outdated Dolby software through Programs and Features in control panel, which I did, and then I re-ran the DolbyDigitalPlusAA.msi file and it installed and worked perfectly.

Best luck!

• rein013

dude crumblenaut you are legit !

how ever did you ever find this resolution and especially from toshiba ?

i mean , i tried for a while and just gave up , however i knew there must be a resolution somewhere , acer just wasn't giving it to us . 

but you fixed it . kutos to you my man . Smiley Very Happy

and this makes me think for future purchases . should we avoid acer altogether and go with toshiba ?

because i will remember this forever . i mean my v5-473PG-5408 was only like $799 plus tax , and only like a month ago . so you'd expect acer to provide us with this solution , updated driver , especially on a newer 473 like mine . 

however , no reply from acer , and it took another one of us , a user , to find a solution / resolution . so a solution existed , but acer is just MIA . i'll remember this , forever acer . 

anyway . great find man and if you have PP or something i'll buy you a beer . 

kutos again my man and good day !

totally impressive . 

• ciberionz
    ciberionz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi, well I have the Aspire V5-552G and today I got the same error updating the driver from Realtek. For what it is useful, I managed to solve the problem by restoring the system to the penultimate restore point stored.
  • rein013

why dont you just follow crumblenaut instructions and get the new version of dolby from toshiba ?

i did not want to use older drivers so i was destined to find the solution however crumblenaut beat me to it . 

it's easy bro . install the updated realtek driver , uninsall dolby from the control panel and then install the toshiba updated dolby . the one not yet available via acer themselves . 

however other manufacturers , such as toshiba in this case , have included the newer dolby . 

and it works fantastic . 

my two cents bro , i'd go with the updated drivers . 

why live in the past when you can live in the future ? 

• ngc224m31

Crumblenaut

Thx your solution worked.

As for acer: you suck.

Next time I will just pay more and get a lenovo.

The dolby software: I never even used the thing and if there was no error message I could have cared less.

Thanks for not having a driver on your website.

Thanks for having to call around in circles on your customer service phone line.

Thanks for wasting my time with this stupid stuff.

• rein013

The Dolby software makes a major difference in sound bro .

Play some music then mess with the Dolby presets while the music is play or even shut dolby off .

I was astounded by the quality difference .

And as for Acer ? Yeah total let down and waste of time money and effort .

I'm also glad to see they don't respond to any of us here for future reference .

Good day .

• ciberionz
    ciberionz Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I finally installed the Realtek upgrade from Windows Update, I uninstalled the old version of Dolby and installed the latest version of Toshiba. It has been installed correctly and automatically (without having to "click" on the "exe" file in the temp folder).

Thanks crumblenaut and rein013! :-))
    (and sorry for the Acer service).

• tklimtk
    tklimtk Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear Sirs

This is the problem encountered as stated in message below, please assist.

Thanks

T K Lim, Singapore

• yoselyn
    yoselyn Member Posts: 1 New User

if you go back to the conversation, you will find the solution.

thanks to crumblenaut, you are awesome!!!

• chrisskinnerrn
    chrisskinnerrn Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

There are two solutions, de-install the changes you made to the realtek driver which you can do through your "device manager" wind the driver back to the previous one, then the current digital Dolby Home Theatre should work. Or do an uninstall of the dolby you have and download the new one from toshiba (see answers below) You'll get a less manipulatable dolby interface with a confusing and crappy equaliser. Yes, Acer well and truly out of the ball park attending to this problem but it is actually a problem created by IOBIT downloading drivers that are incompatible with the Dolby sytem which, in its latest from is pretty useless.

• chrisskinnerrn

Tinkerer

This is not a viable solution as the download is over 300 megabytes, insanely huge. Go to device manager and wind back the realtek drivers that are causing this problem or download the less manipulatable "newer" Dolby Digital Theatre from the Toshiba website (see below). The problem arises because iObit have shipped the wrong drivers in the latest realtek update.

• chrisskinnerrn

Tinkerer

corrected.

• chrisskinnerrn

Tinkerer

Restoring doesn't always work with these issues, unfortunately.