Acer Aspire won't boot up!! Help please!!!

iSpextor
iSpextor Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello! I really hope you can help me out with this because I don't know what to do.. so this is what happened : I was playing a game heard some music etc. (Laptop : Acer Aspire E1-772G). However nothing happened, but then 2 minutes after my Laptop froze and I waited patiently. After a while it said something I can't remember and in the beginning there was a biiig sad Smiley [ Smiley Sad ]. at the bottom it said that some .sys stopped or something I don't know any more.. However I shut down my Laptop and started it again. Normally there has to be the Acer Logo and Slogan right after I hit the Power-Button, and some circles would start to spin around. Well this time there were no little circles and I started worrying. After like 1 Minute of waiting my screen shortly blacked out and 2 seconds after the logo was back again, but without circles. Then a message in blue and black popped up, which says : "Default Boot Device missing or Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media" (I don't remember the rest). Well what I have tried is the following :
ALT + F10 (absolutely no reaction)
F8 or F12 not sure (shows me the Error Code and what to do. It also says to put in my Windows installation which I don't have. I also don't have any recovery media)

After the message appeared I pressed Enter and there was a menu where I could do nothing. It only told me to press any key if I put in any recovery media. As I said I don't have any, so I just shut down the Laptop. After that I pressed the Power-Button again to start up my Laptop.. well it was the same thing. After that I shut it off again and tried the things I listed before. I hope you can help me, fast if possible I need my Laptop for many other things that are more important than playing haha^^

I am looking forward to a quick reply,
iSpextor

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

try to boot to BIOS pressing F2 at boot, check on main page if your HDD is listed.

if it's listed go to exit tav and choose load setup default, press F10, save and exit

try to boot

if you still have issue with boot device missing, probably your HDD is dead or having some bad issues; if you are still under warranty, please contact the Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

try to boot to BIOS pressing F2 at boot, check on main page if your HDD is listed.

if it's listed go to exit tav and choose load setup default, press F10, save and exit

try to boot

if you still have issue with boot device missing, probably your HDD is dead or having some bad issues; if you are still under warranty, please contact the Acer support service.

• iSpextor
    Thanks for helping ! But unfortunately it didn't work although my HDD is listed. But I have another question.. since my laptop originally has windows 8.1 installed would it be OK if I put in the Windows 7 disc of a friend into my CD Drive ? Just wondering and making sure if it would cause trouble or something. Would be nice if I am getting told whether it's ok Smiley Happy
  • IronFly

what will you try to do, with that windows 7 DVD?

if you want to try to recover your personal data, i suggest you to use, Hiren's boot cd:

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

unzip the zip file, burn the .iso file to CD or USB pen/external HDD
    then boot from the burned media (remember to set Legacy instead of UEFI and disable secure boot in your BIOS) and choose mini-xp from the options.

once in the mini-xp desktop you can try to access your personal data, if the HDD is not damaged.

• iSpextor
    I don't really care sooooo much about all the personal data. I just want to "revive" my Laptop so it works again. After that I can manually download the things I had before. So.. would it work if the HDD isn't damaged ? and with that CD I wanted to try install Windows 7 on my laptop, or recover it with it. But since the recovery won't work with a CD with a different version of Windows on it, I wanted to try to install Windows 7 on my Laptop, since it is the only thing that has come to my mind. (Of course I thought of a repair service too, but that would take too much time)
  • IronFly

personally i would try to access the HDD using Hiren's boot cd.

by the way if the HDD is having some failure, you can't even install windows 7.

so....if you don't care, go straight with windows 7 installation but please notice that some hardware combination works only under windows 8 enviroment/drivers

• iSpextor
    Okay.. I think that I will have to try out Hiren's Boot CD, since I don't really want to risk a complete damage on my laptop haha^^
    If I don't get the time to try it out I think I will go and take the laptop to my local repair service Smiley Happy Thanks very much for helping though !
  • IronFly

You welcome.