Active pen doesn't work in Photoshoop CS6 (Aspire R13 (R7-371T))

noswad4
noswad4 Member Posts: 2 New User

I think the R7-371T has a Synaptics digitizer. I downloadeding the windows 8 drivers from synaptics but the install fails(I've run it in administrator mode as well). I contacted Synaptics and have not gotten a response. 

One of the main reasons, I got this laptop, is to hopefully use the active pen for pressure senstivity in PS with out the need of a second device. The **bleep** pressure seems to work on OneNote and Sketchbook Pro.

If I cannot got the hardware to work the way I intended to use it, I may return this thing for a Surface Pro 3...

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

The Acer Active Pen allows for pressure sensitive drawing, and easy access to functions using the hover feature.

Hold the pen close to the display and double-click on the lower button on the pen to launch Acer Hover. This allows you to quickly launch Acer Screen Grasp, Microsoft OneNote, Windows Journal, Microsoft Sticky Note or Microsoft Fresh Paint.

If Acer Hover Access is not preinstalled, please visit http://go.acer.com/?id=18022 to download and install the software.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• noswad4
    noswad4 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you. I do have have the Acer Hover, however, I am not particularly interested in those apps. I bought this computer, specifically for use in photoshop, however, PS does not recognize the pressure snesitivity. That is what I am most concerned with.

• Frankthephotog
    Frankthephotog Member Posts: 1 New User

I also purchased my Acer to use with Adobe Creative Suite, and my pen, while great a launching MS Notes, really doesn't work well for Photoshop et al. Seriously, you haven't figured this out? You haven't provided the most obvious compatibility? 

[inappropriate content removed]

• TiboQorl
    TiboQorl Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi! Maybe it could help. I setup the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 WinTab 64 driver from :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498

It solved my pressure problem in Adobe Photoshop CS6 and added the active pen (as Microsoft pen) in my Gimp 2 preferences.

hfgl