Acer bluetooth device stopped working

GatoRojo
GatoRojo Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought a pair of headphones (Philips SHB7000). They work with my phone and Nexus.

However, when I tried to connect them to my Acer Aspire V5 they got connected but after one second they disconnected. I tried again, and the same happened. I started to troubleshoot and  updated the BT driver (though it was updated) but nothing happened. Eventually I uninstalled the BT-device (Atheros).

I downloaded the latest driver (again) från Acer website and reinstalled it.

But now the BT device is no longer visible in the device manager or the start up screen...

enhetshant.gifUnits.png

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the correct (acccordning to acer support download) driver. No errors during installation. But I cannot get the unknown USB device to understand that it's a BT device. Even though it's an unknown device the computer doesn't promt this at start up. If I try to search for "new devices" it's not found.

BT is forever lost on my Acer!

Suggestions?

Regards

John

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Have you tried restoring to a previous date (backup up data)  or Acer erecovery while saving your data?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GatoRojo
    GatoRojo Member Posts: 2 New User

I have not, Jack.

I checked the revovery option but as far as I know although all my documents, photos, apps installed from store etc, will be saved. How about games, adobe applications etc that are installd from DVD or HDD. What will happen during a recovery.

I was hoping to "just" reinstall the BT driver but apparently that is not an option.

John

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

If you know the date you lost the device, and you can easily backup data and reinstall programs added since that date, it might be less drastic to simply do a system restore to a date immediately preceding.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ