Acer Aspire V7-582PG sound crackling

DominusDK
DominusDK Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

hello. yesterday my acer started to have an very odd problem. the sound started to crackle. I re installed all drivers, even windows 8.1, but the problem didn't disappear. the crackling appears from time to time, but for example if i change volume level with my mouse, it always crackles. I checked latency levels in laptop, and found out that ndiis.sys , tcpip.sys, HDaudbus.sys , usbport.sys storport.sys and some others cause higher than normal latency. i don't know if that might be a reason of sound crackle. i have realtek sound drivers, and updated them, but it doesn't change anything

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try this:Ctrl-Alt-Del to load Task Manager
    Scroll down and look under Background Processes to find 'Intel(r) Technology Access Service'
    Right click and choose 'End Task'.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DominusDK

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately there is no such a process.. 

• DominusDK

it appears especially when i move volume slider, otherwise only sometimes, but it's still very annoying. when i move my volume slider above 70-80% it seems that my speakers are unable to handle this amount of sound although two days ago there was no problems at all ... but when i play music even on the laudest level, it seems that everything is okay

• IronFly

can you check the speaker settings on windows?

right click the speaker icon near date&clock

choose playback device

click on your speaker playback device and choose configure

check if speakers are configured as laptop speakers

• DominusDK

Capture2.PNG

only this. i am not sure if that's the right configuration, but i have no more options. My laptop has two speakers (left and right) 

• IronFly

if you click next it will end the configuration?

• DominusDK

Capture3.PNG

it ends after this. and when i test speakers in this configuration, they crackle as well. the right one even more than left. and i don't think it can be hardware related problem, because the same crackling happens with headphones 

• IronFly

download this Realtek drivers (100% trustable website):

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/outils/func-startdown/1236/

uninstall Acer Realtek drivers, reboot then install the new drivers.

• DominusDK

unfortunately nothing has changed. . any other suggestions? i am out of ideas how to fix it... Cat Mad

• IronFly

your problem is similar to others after Microsoft udpates but it's related to the background process i mentioned.

please double check if it's started on your notebook.

press windwos key logo + r

type

msconfig

click on services tab

check if Intel(r) Technology Access Service

is on the list, untick, click on apply and ok

• DominusDK

Capture4.PNG

there are many intel processes, but not that one you mentioned.. maybe Intel smart connect technology agent is the same just in different name?

• IronFly

mmmm

not sure but you can try to disable, reboot and check about your issue.

if it doesn't fix, simply re-tick it.

• rsrspc
    rsrspc Member Posts: 6 New User

Go to Start, Run, type MSCONFIG, go to the services tab, uncheck Intel Technology Access Service, reboot.  I am not sure what that service does exactly, but the geniuses at Acer point to Microsoft, Microsoft points at Intel, and Intel points back to Acer and Microsoft.  Typical system run arounds.  Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything.  I have to disable the Intel HD Grapics 4400 driver to run Office 365, and naturally, get the run around from all 3 companies, blaming it on each other and it never gets fixed.  No more Acer's in my future at all.

• DominusDK

but there is no such a service running at all...

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I still have this problem in 2017. Let me know if you did find a solution to it.

I have identified the crackling to come mostly from the left speaker which occasionally completely disables with sound only coming from the right when I tinker with the drivers.

Restarting computer fixes it but the crackling continues.