Acer Aspire V7-581P wifi problem

emp1985
emp1985 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hey folks,

I'm having issues with my wifi as of a few weeks now. Usually I'll turn on my laptop and it'll will do its thing and start up and connect to the wifi that's in range and life will be dandy. As of late though it'll just say that there are networks available and I'll have to click on my network and it'll say connecting and hang for awhile then say something along the lines of cannot connect to network. If I try to connect again the Wifi network will disappear. If I leave it alone it will connect at random times but when I try to connect to a website using 2 different browsers it will have just say connection timed out, cannot connect to webpage, etc. When the connection does stay connected I'll have intermittent packet loss and if I troubleshoot sometimes it will say "The DNS server isn't responding." Note that this is the only laptop that gets wifi issues out of the 6 or 7 that are on the network.

Things I have tried to resolve this issue:
1) Use the troubleshooter.
2) Disable to option that lets my computer turn off the wifi adapter.
3) Reset my router
4) release/renew IP
5) release/register DNS
6) disable Anti-Virus / Firewall / Bluetooth
7) Uninstall/reinstall Wifi drivers

Any other ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks =)

Computer Specs:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i5 3427U

CPU: 1.80GHz

RAM: 12GB
Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter Driver Version: 10.0.0.263

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I'm sure the problem is related to a crappy 8.1 driver.

Try using the Windows 8 driver: On some Acers this works.

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver10.0.0.225226.2 MB2013/04/29Download

Uninstall the Wifi driver/s in Programs and Features and Device Manager, delete software, before you install the downloaded driver. If the 8 driver doesn't work, uninstall the 8 driver and install the 8.1 again.

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver10.0.0.263251.5 MB2013/10/11Downlo

• emp1985
    Yeah I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers already but to no avail =\
  • chienmen
    chienmen Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you end up solving the problem? I have the same problem with you.

• emp1985
    Nope, still having the same issue.
  • emp1985
    Yes I have. I've done everything I possibly could do besides going to a computer repair store.
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The manual shows 4 Wifi cards. 2 Atheros and 2 Broadcom. Give the Broadcom driver a try.

Wireless LANBroadcomWireless LAN Driver7.35.267.044.5 MB2015/07/29Download

Uninstall the old one in Programs and Features first.