Broken charging port

2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Yeah, the cords go more often than the port does. They get flexed quite often and the wires inside the cord are really pretty small. It's easiest in those situations to just replace the supply, since it's a hassle to find the right connector and solder it to those tiny wires.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dtaylor315
    dtaylor315 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this same issue with an Iconia 500 Tab...what do I do to get it repaired rather than buying a new tablet?

Thanks!

David

• gkaardal
    gkaardal Member Posts: 3 New User

This will depend upon a few things, is it more expensive to replace the Tablet or the port on your present tab.  Also, I found that the charging system for our Tablet is not the most effective, I am now on my third charger!  Because ACER only uses this unique charger for the port it has caused a weaking of the port, placing it on the bottom also is in the way when or if you are plugged in and working on it, causing the charger point to be hit/moved/or bent, making your charger unservisable again.  A poor placement....I have noticed that newer ACERs use a univeral plug and is on the side where it should be on ours Smiley Sad

Good luck.

• lap1026
    lap1026 Member Posts: 2 New User

After reading your issue with the Acer warranty, I'm worried.  I am having the same problem and am about to send my tablet to the Acer repair center.  As it is it's going to cost me quite a bit to ship it by UPS or FEDEX with insurance.  BTW,  Why won't Acer refund the shipping cost when they find the problem is theirs!  Plus I have to buy a new box (mine is somewhere in the house but I can't find it right now) plus shipping supplies to make sure nothing hurts the tablet in transit.  I don't want to send it there and have ACER tell me they won't cover the warranty because like you, I treat it with kid gloves just knowing how easily they break!  I'm certain the problem has not been caused by me.  The charging problem started several months ago and now I never know if it's stopped charging when I actually get it to begin charging.  When the charging cable is plugged in it wiggles.  It doesn't have a solid connection.  I assumed it was the cable but Acer rep said it's the port.  How could it be MY fault if it's been slowly getting worse?  They better not screw me!

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  It's just not right!  I hope when they review your case, they do what's right.  If not, then they are not ethical or trust worthy enough to buy their products.

ACER I HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING!

• Patralj
    Patralj Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, we have an Acer Iconia tablet, it was purchased as a refurbished model from Laptops direct in Aug, the charging point has become loose and we really struggle keeping the lead in to charge it up, the warrenty has gone, only 3 months. I was wonderingly what the best option would be and if you can help, thank you.
  • ClaudiaCos
    ClaudiaCos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Stacemin said:
    We have an Iconia tab a500 and the power adaptor no longer connects. It feels as if something is loose I'm the socket when trying to connect the cable. It is definitely out of warranty, but I don't want to just throw it away. Does anyone know how we can send it in for repairs? We had to send it in when we first got it because of a broken power switch and were very happy with the service, but now I can't talk to anyone to even try to pay for repairs.

Help!
    Stacey

• Brokensad0262
    Brokensad0262 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Stacemin said:
    We have an Iconia tab a500 and the power adaptor no longer connects. It feels as if something is loose I'm the socket when trying to connect the cable. It is definitely out of warranty, but I don't want to just throw it away. Does anyone know how we can send it in for repairs? We had to send it in when we first got it because of a broken power switch and were very happy with the service, but now I can't talk to anyone to even try to pay for repairs.

Help!
    Stacey
    Any luck on this we also have the same issue on the Spin5

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It's best to start a new thread, since the Spin 3 is a different model. The solution might be the same or it might be different. Be sure to include your full model number... (e.g. SP314-51-59NM)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.