Acer Aspire ES1-311 touchpad does not work

ArnalOMallet
ArnalOMallet Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone. I bought my Aspire ES1-311 just a weeks ago and I re-installed Windows 8.1 but the touchpad does not work. I tried to activate it with "Fn + F7" without success, I installed touchpad drivers (on the official download page of Acer website). The setup said that all is ok but still not working. In the mouse configuration menu of Windows 8.1 (Configuration panel), the Synaptics menu does not appear. On my Ubuntu disbrution, touchpad work fine without any driver. How can I fix this ? Thanks and happy new year Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• aangeldi
    aangeldi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello, I had the same problem which I solved. Fix steps: 1.Reset 2.Press F2 to enter in BIOS 3.Main 4.Set touchpad as basic (NO ADVANCED!!!) . All other should be set as anable in Main 5.Press F10 to save changes I hope this sequence to solve your problems

Answers

• robwall1988
    robwall1988 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I feel your pain!

I have recently bought an ACER ES1-311 as well, and I have exactly the same problem. Everything else is working perfectly. I have tried installing various drivers but nothing seems to work. I also tried turning off the enhanced pointer precsion setting, to see if that would improve things, but it did not. It is so frustrating!!!

It works fine for 5 minutes but then touchpad starts freezing for no apparent reason.

I have resorted to using a wireless mouse.

Sorry I couldn't be any help.

I'm sure a few people will have the same problem, hopefully if more people speak up Acer will come up with a solution to this problem.

• barbarapol
    barbarapol Member Posts: 1 New User

Ok, so I've had the same issue with my new Acer es1-311. It wasn't a big problem for me because I prefer to use a mouse, but from time to time you need to use a touchpad and it's so annoying when it freezes and then it works for 5 seconds, then it freezes again and so on. And it seems I've found a solution, completely by accident, I hope it will work for you too. What I did was to disable everything in touchpad settings, except for the touchpad itself. So you go to PC settings, then "PC and devices", then "Mouse and touchpad" and you leave "touchpad : on", "enable swiping in... : off", "reverse scrolling direction : off", and I also have "No delay" (actually now I think it might be the key...)

Well, I'm not sure if it's not a coincidence but the fact is that it's been working for several hours now without freezing... Let me know if it works for you!

• osicky
    osicky Member Posts: 1 New User

You can enable touchpad on ES1-311 by doing below steps.

go to the cmos (F2 key press) and then find touchpad option, it may be 'advanced'.

change with 'basic' for the touchpad option value.

I think you can use touchpad.

• ArnalOMallet
    Hi everyone,
    On searching for several months now but still no solutions.
    Unfortunately Osicky, there's no touchpad option in the bios. only basic things like boot sequence or systeme settings.
  • mbdpqw
    mbdpqw Member Posts: 1 New User

Download the "Intel Serial IO Driver" from the following link 

http://www.getdriver.com/notebook/3582/acer-aspire-es1-311-windows-8-1-x64-drivers-64-bit.html 

Install the driver

Restart

If it won't work at the first moment try to press Fn + F7 .

Have fun.

• ArnalOMallet

It does not work... I can't install it because "This plateform is not supported." I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 like recommand into the readme file. I'm gonna be crazy!!

• zlp
    zlp Member Posts: 4 New User

If the touchpad freezes occasionally then it's probably  a hardware problem.

My Acer ES1-111M touchpad was freezing constantly too. It was intermittent at best so the laptop was unusable. I sent it to Acer for warranty repair and they just re-installed Windows (and deleted my programs!) Their service is absolutely terrible!

I opened it up and fixed it myself. Now it works perfectly!

I show my steps here:

http://www.zachpoff.com/diy-resources/acer-laptop-touchpad-fix

• aangeldi
    aangeldi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello, I had the same problem which I solved. Fix steps: 1.Reset 2.Press F2 to enter in BIOS 3.Main 4.Set touchpad as basic (NO ADVANCED!!!) . All other should be set as anable in Main 5.Press F10 to save changes I hope this sequence to solve your problems
  • ArnalOMallet
    Holy **bleep** it works for me too!!!!!! More than one **bleep**ing year to fix this bug!!! Thank you so much you're my Messie.
  • ASH2
    ASH2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yippieh! The solution worked for me, too. Thanks ever so much.

• ASH2
    ASH2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yippieh! The solution worked for me, too. Thanks ever so much. Who would have thought, that there is such an easy fix to a windows 10 problem?

• saurav_bangs
    saurav_bangs Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    I faced touchpad scrolling issue on Windows. Found a fix here https://goo.gl/W4RKaN
    Please see, this may help you.
  • mukrot
    mukrot Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2019
    NOW to fix acer es series touchpad issue, just use "acer care center application" to update "improve touchpad performance". you will found instruction here
    hopefully help you